The Food Truck Community Goes To The Dogs The Chef Michael's Food Truck for Dogs Champions Dog-Friendly Food Trucks; Launches National Sweepstakes
ST. LOUIS, Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- That's right; the food truck community is going to the dogs. And that's a good thing. With 78.2 million dogs living as pets in the U.S.1 there simply aren't enough pet-friendly food trucks available to serve them. Chef Michael's doesn't think that's right and is leading the charge to help food trucks serve up thoughtful meal experiences for dogs and their owners. Chef Michael's is launching a national sweepstakes to support building a dog-friendly food truck community; 25 food trucks will win $1,000 to help make special improvements just for dogs. Food truck patrons can also get involved for a chance to win a $500 cash prize or a coupon redeemable for free Chef Michael's® product.
"After launching a successful food truck for dogs earlier this year, Chef Michael's saw just how underserved dogs are at the curb," said Sarah BonDurant, Chef Michael's brand representative. "Food trucks aren't just for people, and we hope this sweepstakes will help as many dogs as possible enjoy the food truck experience with their owners."
As it turns out, nearly six in 10 (59 percent) dog owners polled in a recent online Chef Michael's survey2 have patronized food trucks and 48 percent would likely take their dog to lunch or dinner at a food truck that provided food for dogs if there was one in their neighborhood. This is all the more reason Chef Michael's is taking initiative to help build a dog-friendly food truck community.
CHEF MICHAEL'S FOOD TRUCK FOR DOGS SWEEPSTAKES
Chef Michael's is a brand that believes what a dog eats should be just as remarkable as who the dog is. Now, like-minded food truck owners can enter the "Chef Michael's Food Truck for Dogs Sweepstakes" for a chance to be one of 25 food trucks to win a $1,000 cash prize to help make dog-friendly improvements, Chef Michael's® food dispensers that will offer dogs their very own food truck dining experience and a one year supply3 of Chef Michael's® product. Twenty-five winners will be announced in January 2013. Entries can be made online at www.foodtruckfordogssweeps.com or through Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/foodfordogs/app_238963739565976.
Visit www.foodtruckfordogssweeps.com for complete Official Rules and additional information on how to enter the sweepstakes.
Consumers can also join in the fun via Twitter by sharing the "Chef Michael's Food Truck for Dogs Sweepstakes" with their favorite food truck. Each person who follows the @thefoodfordogs account on Twitter and sends a tweet using the hashtag #foodtrucksweeps while tagging a food truck of their choice will be entered for a chance to win the grand prize of $500 or one of 25 first prizes: a coupon for one free, up to $20.99, bag of Chef Michael's brand food for dogs. Visit www.foodtruckfordogssweeps.com for complete Official Rules.
FOOD TRUCK FOR DOGS ON TOUR
Since debuting its Food Truck for Dogs earlier this year, Chef Michael's has received a flood of of requests on its Facebook page for stops, which led the brand to visit seven food truck-friendly cities.
Food Truck for Dogs Tour Stops:
- St. Louis, Mo.: October 12-20, 2012
- Atlanta, Ga.; October 21-27, 2012
- Nashville, Tenn.: October 29-November 4, 2012
- Orlando, Fla.: November 11-17 and 24-27, 2012
- Jacksonville, Fla.: November 28-29, 2012
- Miami, Fla.: December 3-9, 2012
- Tampa, Fla.: December 10-16, 2012
Dog owners everywhere can get involved by following @thefoodfordogs on Twitter or visiting facebook.com/foodfordogs. Visitors to the Chef Michael's Facebook page can sign a "PAW-tition" to show their support for food trucks for dogs.
CHEF MICHAEL'S PRODUCTS
Chef Michael's works with animal cognition experts, nutritionists, dog behaviorists and, of course, chefs, to understand everything we can about dogs and food. Chef Michael's strives to take your dog on a culinary adventure every single day, taking dog dining to a whole new level.
Chef Michael's Dry Dog Food
- Dry Dinnersare 100 percent complete and balanced nutrition for adult dogs and contains 23 essential vitamins and minerals with real chicken or beef as the No. 1 ingredient and no added artificial preservatives.
- Available in two well-rounded varieties:
- Oven Roasted Chicken Flavor and pea & carrot garnishes
- Grilled Sirloin Steak Flavor and potato & green bean garnishes
Chef Michael's Wet Dog Food
- Chef Michael's Carvery Creations™ celebrates everything you and your dog love about real meat: the cut, quality, cooking method and special touches. Each chef-inspired flavor includes real beef or chicken in tender, pull-apart shreds, marinated in a savory sauce. Available in three delicious flavors:
- Beef Short Rib Flavor in a savory sauce
- Stewed Chicken Flavor in a savory sauce
- Braised Brisket Flavor in a savory sauce
- Chef Michael's In Sauce varieties are filled with tender, meaty pieces and thoughtful touches of real vegetable garnishes. Available in three flavors:
- Beef Tenderloin Flavor and carrot & barley garnishes
- Sirloin Steak Flavor and pea & rice garnishes
- Rotisserie Chicken Flavor and carrot & corn garnishes
Visit www.chef-michaels.com for additional product information.
About Nestlé Purina PetCare
Nestlé Purina PetCare promotes responsible pet care, humane education, community involvement and the positive bond between people and their pets. The North American headquarters for Nestlé Purina PetCare is located at Checkerboard Square in St. Louis, Missouri. Nestlé Purina PetCare is part of Swiss-based Nestlé S.A. -- the world's largest food company. For more, visit www.purina.com.
 American Pet Products Association 2011-2012 National Pet Owners Survey
 The Chef Michael's Survey was conducted online via Kelton, in June of 2012 among 801 Americans ages 18 and over who own at least one dog. The margin of error was 3.5 percentage points.
 Awarded as (25) manufacturer's coupons, each redeemable for one (1) free, up to $20.99, bag of Chef Michael's® food for dogs
SOURCE Chef Michael's