The FruitGuys Debut SmileSnack: A Healthy Snacking Solution Portioned For The Work Week
Leader in Office and Home Fruit Delivery Satisfies What NDP Group Calls One of the Fastest Growing Snack Categories; Healthy Snacks
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The FruitGuys (www.fruitguys.com), America's industry pioneer of home and office fruit delivery, announced today the launch of SmileSnack, a uniquely packaged snacking concept that offers two daily servings of healthy snacks. According to consumer research firm The NDP Group and its recent study "Snacking in America" fresh fruit has become one of the fastest-growing and most popular snack choices in the US. SmileSnack is a simple solution for the increasing demand for fruit snack choices.
Snacking in America has reached an all-time high, and today consumers are more likely to choose natural foods versus sugary sweets that are typically stocked in office vending machines. While the demand for healthy snacks increases year-over-year, it is evident by the "Snacking in America" study that many companies do not offer healthy snacks as a benefit. The FruitGuys recognized the need for healthy snack alternatives that could easily be integrated into an employee's work week.
"In the past 15 years, The FruitGuys has helped thousands of companies provide employer paid healthy produce as part of their wellness programs for employees," said Chris Mittelstaedt, founder and chief executive officer, The FruitGuys. "The introduction of SmileSnack now empowers employees who don't have access to a complimentary corporate wellness program the ability to create a healthy snack station at their desk."
SmileSnack is a compact and affordable mini snack box created for individuals at work. The unique design allows employees to:
- Snack Smart: SmileSnack provides a week's worth of fresh, natural snacks that transform your desk into an individual wellness station. Each pack contains eight servings of whole fruit and three servings of healthy snacks.
- Affordable: Farm-fresh food can be delivered directly to a desk at a reasonable price: boxes are available for $17.75 each for conventional or in a group buying format that arrive in a pack of five SmileSnacks for $12.75 each. Additionally, the organic offering is $19.95 each or in a pack of five for $16.95 per SmileSnack.
- Shareable: The FruitGuys designed a SmileSnack pack that features a variety of fruits and natural treats for an office snack station. Group orders are encouraged. Pack of five orders include a built in discount for each individual SmileSnack.
- Trackable: Each SmileSnack includes a personal nutrition chart that helps track consumption and eliminates the guesswork of portion control. The tracker also incorporates water intake and activity breaks to keep personal wellness top-of-mind throughout the work week.
- Convenient: The compact design and sturdy shipping box allows you to easily transport the fresh, healthy snacks without damaging the produce. The box also doubles as storage station for you to easily offer SmileSnack treats at both at home or in your office.
To celebrate the arrival of the SmileSnack, The FruitGuys are giving Facebook users an opportunity to win the SmileSnack 5-packs each week for a month. Participation is simple: visit our contest page http://fruitguys.com/diorama.shtml# to make your smile go viral.
How to Order
Ordering The FruitGuys SmileSnack is made simple at www.fruitguys.com. Customers can set up a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or one-time delivery; select variety and size; as well as see what produce is in season throughout the year. The SmileSnack has a 100% product guarantee after being inspected three times before shipping.
About The FruitGuys
The FruitGuys is the industry leader in providing farm-fresh produce to the American workplace. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in San Francisco, The FruitGuys has pioneered this fast-growing category that provides viable solutions to the ever-challenging workplace health crisis. The company was founded on the premise that bringing healthy brain food to the office can boost productivity, improve wellness and help companies improve their bottom lines.
For more information please call 1-877-FRUIT-ME or visit www.fruitguys.com.
SOURCE The FruitGuys
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.