LONDON, Nov. 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- New environmental, economic, social and political developments have challenged Europe to rethink its strategies for the future. With the new growth strategy 'Europe 2020' the European Union is re-enforcing its commitment to become a smart, sustainable and inclusive economy within the next five years.
In a new groundbreaking study "The Future of Europe", that will be published in the coming weeks, Frost & Sullivan explores the Mega Trends that will put Europe on the road to recovery.
For a complimentary preview of this research, please visit: http://bit.ly/1WxxMwk.
According to Frost & Sullivan, 60 percent of companies in Europe will not celebrate their 10 year anniversary. It is therefore imperative to plan strategically. Archana Vidyasekar, Team Leader, Frost & Sullivan's Visionary Innovation Research Group, has no doubts: "Effective Mega Trend planning supports long term sustainable growth and drives a culture of innovation."
"Connectivity will be the key enabler for long-term and sustainable growth in business innovation," continues Ms Archana Vidyasekar. "The EU has ambitious plans in stock: not only to reduce disparity in high-speed broadband levels, with the objective to attain 100 per cent penetration by 2020, but also to implement a European Union 5G Roadmap. Through this 5G vision, the wireless network area coverage will soar to 1000 per cent by 2020, as compared to 2010."
Europe's transformational agenda for the digital age will see the convergence of Mega Trends across all industries – from green energy to e-health, from smart mobility to sustainable manufacturing and connected industry. Mega Trends will bring about transformational change in crucial sectors:
- Digital Infrastructure and Next Generation Networks: As information stored in the cloud will shoot up to 40 per cent by 2020, the implementation of interactive digital services through cloud computing will be essential.
- Digital Single Market: EU consumers will be able to save 11.7 billion Euro each year, through gaining access to a full range of online products and services.
- 3D Printing: Europe expected to be the highest revenue generating geography with 41% share in the additive manufacturing market by 2020.
- Online retail: More consumers will shop online, resulting in over $1 trillion sales online by the year 2025.
- Smart is the new green: Europe will host 10 smart cities by 2025 attracting the largest number of smart city project investments globally
- Second largest sharing economy world: Countries like UK would continue to lead the sharing economy market with a higher concentration of innovative sharing-based businesses
- Future face of Europe: Fertility rates will remain low leading to a dependency ratio of 2 falling from the already unsustainable 4; this will lead to an increase in private spending on public transportation systems, higher education, and or public medical and social care as budgets feel the squeeze
"The Future of Europe" will be launched during GIL 2015: Germany that will take place in Frankfurt on 17 November, 2015. To attend the conference please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organisation prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Corporate Communications – Europe
P: +44 (0) 20 7343 8314
M: +44 (0) 753 3017689
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan