HOUSTON, Dec. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Simon Property Group, Inc. (NYSE: SPG), a global leader in retail real estate, announced today that four new, high-end retailers, Rolex, Tod's, Trina Turk and Tourbillon, will be added to the retail mix at The Galleria, Houston's premiere shopping and tourist destination. Gucci, Tory Burch, Zara, Sephora and Club Monaco will be celebrating lease renewals and expansions in the coming year. Additionally, CHANEL has renewed its lease and will be renovating the boutique.
"There is significant consumer demand for additional luxury retailers at The Galleria and we are thrilled to be the premiere Houston location for these exclusive brands not available in our city today," said Jenny Harris, director of marketing for The Galleria. "We remain committed to providing our shoppers with a quality shopping experience that includes first-rate retail stores and restaurants."
- Rolex will open its store in the summer of 2014. It will mark their first location in Texas. The store will be located in Galleria I next to Tory Burch and will be 1,800 square feet.
- Tourbillon will open their first store in Houston at The Galleria in early summer. The concept will open next to bareMinerals and will boast 2,815 square feet in Galleria II.
- Tod's will celebrate its Houston debut with the opening of a 2,000 square foot store in early summer of 2015. The store will be located in Galleria I.
- Trina Turk is slated to open their doors in the fall of 2014. The store will be located in Galleria I next to Sephora and will feature 1,400 square feet.
- CHANEL has renewed its lease and will be renovating the boutique June 2014 and will remain open during such renovation.
- Gucci also recently renewed its lease at The Galleria signifying their ongoing enthusiasm about their presence at Houston's premiere luxury shopping destination.
- Tory Burch is planning an expansion in 2014, slated for late spring/early summer. The brand plans to expand their footprint by more than 2,300 square feet.
- Zara is planning a significant renovation to commence April 2014 and conclude in the fall. The current space will expand by one-story creating a two-story space encompassing more than 18,000 square feet.
- Sephora will expand its current location by 3,600 square feet, slated for completion in the fall of 2014.
- Club Monaco will relocate to Galleria II next to Zales increasing their size to more than 4,500 square feet.
About Simon Property Group Simon Property Group, Inc. (NYSE: SPG) is an S&P 100 company and a global leader in the retail real estate industry. The Company currently owns or has an interest in more than 325 retail real estate properties in North America and Asia comprising approximately 242 million square feet. We are headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana and employ approximately 5,500 people in the U.S. For more information, visit www.simon.com.
SOURCE Simon Property Group, Inc.