LONDON, Oct. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Synopsis
The global construction industry has been weak since 2015, due to a slowdown in the pace of expansion in China, and decline in oil prices, which undermined investment growth in major oil producing countries and weakness in key emerging markets.
The global concrete and cement market value contracted by 5.3% in 2015 measured in nominal US dollar terms. This was preceded by annual average growth of 4.1% over the preceding three years. The market is expected to register sluggish growth in 2016, of 0.8%, before steadily regaining growth.
According to Timetric, the global value of the concrete and cement market in nominal US dollar terms is forecast to record a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.36% over the forecast period; up from 1.66% recorded during the review period.
Asia-Pacific was the largest regional market for concrete and cement, accounting for 62.5% of the global market in 2015. It was followed by Europe and North America with respective shares of 12.8% and 11.0%. Recovery in European and North American countries and development in Asia-Pacific economies are expected to support the market's expansion over the forecast period.
A number of factors, such as excess industrial capacity, huge unsold housing inventory, a relatively sluggish economy and Chinese households' investment diversification from the housing market are affecting the country's construction industry. Projected improvements in global demand for concrete and cement over the forecast period are in line with positive projections for construction industry growth, with the key drivers being investment in infrastructure and residential construction in emerging economies, and anticipated recovery in regional and global economic conditions.
Timetric's The Global Concrete and Cement Market – Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020 report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into the global concrete and cement market including:
- The regional and global concrete and cement market's growth prospects by category
- Analysis of Asia-Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East and Africa markets separately with country level data
- Critical insight into the impact of market trends and issues, and the risks and opportunities they present to participants in the global concrete and cement market
- Profiles of the leading operators in the global concrete and cement market.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the global concrete and cement market. It provides:
- Historical (2011-2015) and forecast (2016-2020) valuations of the global concrete and cement market using construction output and value-add methods
- Segmentation by category (Portland cement, ready-mixed concrete, cement clinker, prefabricated structural components, factory-made mortars, other hydraulic cements and refractory cements, and mortars and concretes) type
- Analysis of key concrete and cement issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
- Detailed profiles of the leading concrete and cement companies
Reasons To Buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using Timetric's standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies.
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level.
- Understand the latest industry and market trends.
- Formulate and validate strategy using Timetric's critical and actionable insight.
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures.
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors.
- Timetric expects the value of global concrete and cement to record a forecast-period CAGR of 5.36% in nominal terms. This increase will be a result of increased government investment in public infrastructure, and positive developments in regional and global economic conditions.
- The global concrete and cement market consists of seven categories: Portland cement, ready-mixed concrete, cement clinker, prefabricated structural components, factory-made mortars, other hydraulic cements and refractory cements, and mortars and concretes.
- As a result of large investments in the construction industry, government efforts to diversify economies and reduce dependence on oil, and positive development in the North American economies, it is expected that the shares of the North America and Middle East and African markets in the global concrete and cement market are expected to increase over the forecast period.
- India's concrete and cement market is anticipated to be the fastest-growing in the Asia-Pacific region over the forecast period, with a CAGR of 6.68% in nominal terms. This is the result of public and private sector investments under the government's various flagship programs – including the 100 Smart Cities Mission, Housing for All, the Atal Mission for Urban Rejuvenation and Transformation (Amrut), Make in India and Power for All.
- With a 9.9% share of the global concrete and cement market in 2015, the US was the second-largest concrete and cement market during the review period, and is expected to retain its position over the forecast period. Prospects for the US construction industry and concrete and cement market are set to be positive over the forecast period, due to the country's need to upgrade aging infrastructure. In 2015, the government announced plans to spend US$305.0 billion on the development of highways and other connecting roads in the country.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4252298/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-global-concrete-and-cement-market-key-trends-and-opportunities-to-2020-300353211.html