LONDON, Jan. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Although full service carriers (FSCs) have been facing severe competition from low-cost carriers across the globe, China, one of the most important airline markets in the world, is still largely dominated by FSCs. In 2015, FSCs accounted for 92% of the total seats sold in China
- The US was the largest market for full service airlines in terms of seats sold and revenues in 2015, followed by China. Mexico recorded the highest load factor of 89.9% in 2015. During the historic period (2011-2015), Peru led the race in terms of seats sold at a CAGR of 13.3% while New Zealand recorded the highest growth in revenue per passenger
- The transatlantic market, which is traditionally largely dominated by full service carriers, particularly the big three US airlines - Delta Air Lines, American Airlines, and United Airlines - is gradually being captured by European low-cost carriers such as Norwegian and WOW. The American airlines are trying to combat by placing pressure on a regulatory front, such as halting the expansion of Norwegian on these routes. Delta Airlines is also considering introducing cheap fares
- To face Sprint and Frontier on domestic routes, Delta Airlines introduced "basic economy" class in which passengers are not allowed to select seats in advance, while United and American Airlines plan to reduce fares
- In the wake of heightened competition from low-cost airlines on international routes, full service airlines are rolling out measures to attract budget-conscious customers.
- For instance, Delta is considering redesigning cabins and reviewing fares. To attract cash-strapped Middle Eastern customers in oil-rich markets, who are hit by low oil prices, Emirates Airlines is introducing cabins set between coach and business class.
Canadean's report - The Global Full-Service Airline Market To 2020 - provides detailed information on global full-service airlines industry, analyzing market data and providing insights.
What else does this report offer?
- Historic and forecast revenue of global full service airlines market covering 40 countries
- Detailed region-wise (Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa) of full service airlines' key performance indicators such as the number of seats available and seats sold, load factor, average revenue per passenger, total revenues, revenue generating passenger kilometers and passenger kilometers available for the historic (2011-2015) and forecast (2016-2020) periods
- Brief analysis of global full service airlines market and the present scenario
- Detailed analysis of the markets trends in key full service airlines' markets
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to global full-service airlines industry
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4540300/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-global-full-service-airline-market-to-2020-300390487.html