LONDON, November 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Lithium has recently emerged as one of the key high-tech materials on the back of growing demand for e-mobility and electrical grid storage. Demand for lithium has also been on an upward trajectory for traditional batteries market and non-batteries end use sectors. At the cusp of growing demand with limited supply response, lithium prices reached its zenith in 2016. Commodity Inside assesses that the spot Chinese lithium price increased from $6,400/tonne in 2011 to nearly $21,500/tonne by mid-2016.
With such phenomenal increase in prices, lithium mining companies have rushed back to the market by announcing quite ambitious deadlines for their brownfield and greenfield projects. However, market fundamentals in the lithium market are somehow muddy, and a number of downside risks exist for new entrants in both brine and spodumene mining. Over the past ten years, we saw some bankruptcies and closures, though only Orocobre was able to add new capacity.
So far, demand fundamentals for lithium have significantly changed with advancements in e-mobility and upcoming Gigafactories. Commodity Inside anticipates that demand for electric vehicles will increase phenomenally over the next ten years, particularly in North America, Europe and North East Asia, creating a huge demand for lithium-ion batteries. Having said that, the amount of lithium metal requirement in a rechargeable battery is also set to shrink due to technological developments.
The Global Lithium Market Outlook to 2026 is a valuable resource necessary for examining the global lithium market. We have employed a very sophisticated and robust approach to assess the lithium market and its future dynamics. As a part of the research, Commodity Inside has interviewed some of the leading players in the lithium market and incorporated their input into the report. The report contains:
- Market assessment of the current lithium market
- A ten year outlook for the lithium market
- Production and capacity developments in the lithium market
- Lithium demand by end use sectors
- Developments in e-mobility and its implications for the lithium market
- Cause and effect analysis of lithium prices over the next ten years
- Profile of major producers and their strategies
The Global Lithium Market Outlook to 2026 provides you with the following comprehensive analysis:
- Full coverage of the global lithium market
- Profiles and future strategies of major players
- Major upcoming lithium mining projects
- Lithium demand by 9 end use sectors (air treatment, ceramics and glass ceramics, greases, glass, metallurgy, polymers, primary battery, rechargeable battery and others)
- 26 supportive tables, figures and charts
- 10 year projections on the basis of qualitative and quantitative forecasts models
- Comprehensive statistical appendices
- All supportive data provided in Excel
Who should buy this report?
- Lithium mining companies
- Lithium producers
- Rechargeable batteries producers
- Consumers of lithium such as glass, ceramics, healthcare and steel
- Financial institutions
- Industry consultants, researchers and analysts
- Government departments
Why our analyses are robust and authoritative?
- We constantly consult industry experts and incorporate their views in our analysis.
- We employ both quantitative and qualitative methods to derive robust analysis.
- All our forecast data were also supported by our proprietary econometric and excel based models.
- We are completely independent and represent our own views.
To learn more about 'The Global Lithium Market Outlook to 2026' report please visit https://commodityinside.com/reports/the-global-lithium-market-outlook-to-2026/
About Commodity Inside
Commodity Inside (https://commodityinside.com/) is an independent privately owned company provides market research analysis, consulting and training to the commodities market. We specialise in glass, metal, paper and plastic industries and its end use sectors such as construction, automotive, OEM, packaging and white goods. We publish a variety of thorough and highly analytical market analysis reports. Our analysis is so unique and insightful that we believe that it will really benefit our clients in their strategic planning. Our consultancy arm offers specialist expertise to companies in these sectors, and helping them in making the right decisions.
For further information about this report and additional research, please contact:
Head of Analysis- Downstream Industries
Tel: +44(0) 207-14-00002
SOURCE Commodity Inside Ltd