NEW YORK, March 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The global nanocellulose market comprises:
- Micro/nanofibrillar cellulose, cellulose nanofibers (MFC/NFC/CNF).
- Nanocrystalline cellulose (NCC/CNC) and
- Bacterial cellulose (BC)
However cellulose nanofibers represent the vast majority of this market (>90%). Most major paper manufacturers, faced with reduced market demand for paper are seeking to exploit the remarkable properties of cellulose nanofibers. The market is growing fast in Japan with large paper manufacturers such as Nippon Paper and Oji Holdings establishing multi-ton cellulose nanofiber production facilities. Asahi Kasei, Japan's leading chemicals manufacturer recently announced plans for cellulose nanofiber production, with trial production starting next year. Facilities have also been established in Europe (mainly Scandanavia), Canada and the United States. Product are available for commercial trials and will find wider application in packaging and composites over the next few years.
Report contents include:
- Global production capacities
- Current products.
- Stage of commercialization for cellulose nanofiber applications by company.
- Market drivers, trends and challenges, by target markets.
- In-depth market assessment of opportunities for cellulose nanofibers including potential revenues, growth rates, pricing, most likely applications and market challenges.
- In-depth company profiles, include products, capacities, production processes and commmercial activities.
Companies profiled in the report American Process, Inc., Imerys, Innventia AB, Asahi Kasei, Chuetsu Pulp & Paper Daicel, Daiichi Kogyo, Daio Paper, Nippon Paper, Oji Holdings, Sugino Machine, Seiko PMC, StoraEnso and Borregaard.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04697587-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-global-market-for-cellulose-nanofibers-300431457.html