Use this report to:
- Analyze trends and factors that will have the greatest effect on future food additive markets- Define food additives as direct and non-nutritive materials that are deliberately added to foods- Discuss current and new developments in food additive R&D, and reviews of important new technology areas- Study environmental and regulatory considerations affecting food additives and their impact on products and markets
- The global market for food additives should reach $43.3 billion by 2021 from $36.7 billion in 2016, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.4% from 2016 to 2021.
- The flavors and enhancers market should reach $13.6 billion by 2021 from $11.5 billion in 2016, a CAGR of 3.5% from 2016 to 2021.
- The formulations aids market should reach $9.0 billion by 2021 from $7.6 billion in 2016, a CAGR of 3.5% from 2016 to 2021.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The objectives of this study include:- An overview of the changing global food industry and its business climate, including data relating to and discussion of the diet and food distribution systems and major factors that affect markets for food and food additives.- Definition and delineation of the food additives field by classifying these additives into workable categories, and describing these major categories and the most important individual products that compete for positions in the market.- Analyses and forecasts for the global food additive market, in constant 2015 dollars for the report's base year of 2015 and a five-year forecast to 2021. In these market analyses, dollar markets and growth rates are segmented for food additives both by type of additive product (e.g., acidulants) and by food product application groupings (e.g., bakery goods). Each regional market will be further analyzed, including North America, Europe, Asia (excluding China), China and ROW.- Discussion of current and new developments in food additive R&D, and reviews of important new technology areas.- Discussion of important factors in the marketing of food additives, including distribution channels, the impact of large food processors and end-user selection criteria.- Trends and factors that will have the greatest effect on future food additive markets.- Elaboration on the competitive atmosphere among food additive suppliers, both basic producers and formulators/distributors, including their relationships with end-user food processor companies.- Discussion of environmental and regulatory considerations affecting food additives and their impact on products and markets.- Identification and profiles of many of the most important food additives suppliers, their products, and their strengths and weaknesses.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
BCC Research commissioned this study to provide a comprehensive and updated reference for those interested in food and food additives, and for those in industries that both serve and benefit from foods and food additives. This report covers all the
major categories in significant detail in order to give the reader a picture of the entire industry, including interactions between (and competition among) different classes of food additives.
SCOPE OF REPORT
Depending on who is doing the categorization, there can be a large number of food additive categories, and no report can attempt to cover them all, especially low-volume exotic additives with small markets. In this study, the focus is on the most important classes of food additives, both the older and mature products, such as acidifiers (acidulants) and colorants, as well as newer products such as the large "calorie-reduction (CR) agent" segment, which includes fat replacers and non-nutritive sweeteners.
The scope of this study is limited to those chemical products and materials specifically considered food additives. Two terms describe the type of materials considered here:
- Direct food additives, which means those intentionally added to food, as opposed to chemicals that, for example, can migrate into food from packaging materials. The latter are called indirect food additives and are outside the scope of the report.
- Non-nutritive food additives, as opposed to food ingredients. The simplest way to differentiate these categories is that additives tend to improve the food but do not add nutritional value. Therefore, the report excludes caloric sweeteners such as sugar and high-fructose syrups, mineral and vitamin supplements, caloric flavorings like butter and chocolate (usually added in larger than trace amounts) and other food ingredients.
Because food additives are for the most part, high value-added, specialty chemicals, often produced to an end user's specifications, volumes in pounds are less meaningful than market values in dollars. For this reason, all market estimates and forecasts are in constant 2015 U.S. dollars and are based on manufacturers' total revenues. Because of the inherent imprecision in market forecasts for dynamic and proprietary markets such as food additives, all values are rounded to the nearest million dollars. Due to this rounding, some forecast values might not exactly agree with the compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) percentages that accompany the dollar forecasts. This discrepancy will be most apparent in small markets where five-year growth, when rounded to the nearest million dollars, does not appear to fit the projected CAGR.
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. Extensive searches were made of the literature and on the Internet, including many leading trade publications, as well as technical compendia, government publications and information from trade and other associations. Much product and market information was obtained from principals involved in the industry. Information for the company profiles was primarily obtained from the companies themselves, especially the larger, publicly owned firms. Other sources included directories and articles.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04133175-summary/view-report.html
About Reportlinker ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-global-market-for-food-additives---compound-annual-growth-rate-cagr-of-34-from-2016-to-2021-300326477.html