The Global Market for Quantum Dots 2013
DUBLIN, April 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "The Global Market for Quantum Dots 2013" report to their offering.
Quantum dots are fluorescent nanoparticles of semiconducting material. The color of light that they emit varies with the size of the dot, shifting toward the blue end of the spectrum, as they get smaller. Main applications for quantum dots are LED lighting, electronic displays, bio imaging and solar power. Other applications include security and anti-counterfeiting, functional decoration and printing. Prices for quantum dots range from US$3,000 to $10,000 per gram. The market has mainly catered to specialized applications, with a small number of companies selling dots directly to researchers, using the particles to develop their own products or licensing their technologies to partners. A number of companies are upscaling their production to ton quantities in 2013.
This 78 page report maps the current and future market for quantum dots and includes:
- Production volumes for quantum dots to 2020
- End user markets
- Technology roadmaps
- Company profiles
Key Topics Covered:
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2 THE GLOBAL MARKET FOR QUANTUM DOTS
- 2.1 Technology roadmap
- 2.2 Demand by market, 2012
- 2.3 Production volumes, tons, 2010-2012
- 2.4 Prices
- 2.5 Producers
- 2.6 Target market 1: Electronics, Optoelectronics and Photonics
- 2.7 Target market 2: Energy
- 2.8 Target market 3: Medical and life sciences
- 2.9 Target market 4: Product security and anti-counterfeiting
- 2.10 Target market 5: Sensors
- 2.11 Target market 6: Telecommunications
4 REFERENCES Companies Mentioned
- Bayer MaterialScience AG
- Cromoz Inc
- Cyrium Technologies
- Life Technologies Corporation
- LG Display Co., Ltd.
- Microvision, Inc.
- Nanoco Technologies
- Nano Axis LLC
- Nano Optical Materials
- Nanosquare, Inc.
- Nanosys, Inc.
- NN-Labs LLC
- Ocean Nanotech LLC
- PlasmaChem GmbH
- QD Laser, Inc.
- QLight Nanotech
- QD Solution
- QD Vision
- Quantum Material Corp.
- Reade Materials
- Revolution Lighting Technologies
- Selah Technologies, LL
- Solexant Technologies, LLC
- Voxtel, Inc.
For more information visit The Global Market for Quantum Dots 2013
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
U.S. Fax: +1-646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets