NEW YORK, Dec. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Since their synthesis over 30 years ago, Quantum Dots (QDs) have featured in a range of optoelectronic devices, including LCD TVs, light-emitting devices (LEDs), solar cells, photodiodes, thermoelectrics, photoconductors and field-effect transistors, while QD solutions have been used in a number of in vivo and in vitro imaging, sensing and labelling techniques.
The global market for quantum dots in LCD TVs has grown greatly in the past 18 months and its growth potential is considerable in the next decade, while companies are also starting to look at longer-tem applications in the display industry.
A number of quantum dot producers have developed scalable solution production processes and partner with multi-national OEMs to use QDs in displays for tablets and high-end TVs. They have collaborated with companies such as Sony, Samsung, 3M, Amazon, Hisense and ASUS to bring QD-enabled display devices to market in the past 18 months.
Samsung Electronics has witnessed significant market return from QD-TVs and recently announced investment in developing beyond OLED Quantum Dot LED (QLED) TVs and new initiatives in semiconductors and bio products, under a dedicated R&D unit. LG Display, the main producer of OLED TVs, is expanding its cooperation with QD material manufacturers Nanoco, Nanosys and QD Vision in a project to research new applications of QDs and QLED TVs.
This 240 page analysis report on the quantum dots market including market size, technical status, technologies, applications, prospects, products and companies includes:
- Types, properties and production methods.
- Revenue estimates for quantum dots market to 2025
- Market assessment in displays, including market drivers, commercialization, manufacturing and product development.
- Market assessment in energy, including market drivers, commercialization, manufacturing and product development.
- Market assessment in biotechnology and medicine, including market drivers, commercialization, manufacturing and product development.
- Market assessment in security and anti-counterfeiting, including market drivers, commercialization, manufacturing and product development.
- Market assessment in sensors, including market drivers, commercialization, manufacturing and product development.
- 51 company profiles.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04144390-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-global-market-for-quantum-dots-300374105.html