The Global Refractories Industry Market Report - World Refractory Production to Reach 46 Million Tonnes by 2017
DUBLIN, July 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5c7b5z/the_refractories) has announced the addition of the "The Global Refractories Industry Market Report" report to their offering.
This new in-depth market study of the current situation and future prospects for the refractories industry worldwide provides comprehensive data on production, consumption, international trade and growth rates for the international refractories industry, its raw materials and its end-user markets worldwide.
Over 400 pages long and featuring 275 tables and figures, the report forecasts market growth to 2017 and in doing so highlights the growing importance of developing economies to the future of the refractories industry, especially China, India and other Asian countries, as well as South America.
The refractories industry largely follows trends set by its main driver, the steel industry. Iron and steel production is responsible for up to 70% of the total demand for refractories: therefore, the profitability of the refractories industry as a whole is strongly influenced by steel production levels and steel plant investments. Current steel production and forecasts through to 2017 are analysed in the report by region/major producing country. While the short term outlook remains problematic because of the global economic situation, the report predicts that there will be an upturn in the second half of 2013, with realistic and sustainable growth in steel production and in other key end-user industries through to 2017. Indeed, there may even be a short-term surge in demand for refractories once confidence recovers because of new capital investment and refurbishment of idled equipment.
Though end-user sectors other than the steel industry consume lesser amounts of refractories, their influence on the industry is still very important, and there are a considerable number of refractories manufacturers that offer specific high value products for these sectors, which include cement, glass, ceramics and non-ferrous metals. These are analysed in detail, with statistical data on consumption and forecasts for growth.
Total world production of refractories was estimated to be 41.5 million tonnes in 2012, valued at 25 billion. The largest portion of this was in China, with production estimated at 29.5 million tonnes valued at 14.3 billion. The European Union (EU) is the second largest producing region, with estimated production of 4.1 million tonnes in 2012 valued at 3.9 billion, followed by North America, with 1.4 million tonnes in 2014 valued at 1.4 billion. It is forecast that world refractory production will rise to 46 million tonnes by 2017, with a value of 29 billion. The report breaks down forecasts by region / major producing country.
The report provides information on:
- Assessment of refractory products and refractory raw materials markets worldwide by major country/region, covering production, trade and consumption
- Production, consumption, imports and exports of monolithic refractories by major country/region
- Production, consumption, imports and exports of refractory bricks and shapes by major country/region
- Growth prospects for refractories by type, material and geographical area to 2017
- Production, consumption, imports and exports of refractory raw materials (magnesia, alumina, bauxite, andalusite, dolomite, silicon carbide, graphite, zircon, chamotte, olivine, etc.)
- Review of major end-user markets, including iron and steel production, cement, glass, ceramics, foundries, and non-ferrous metals, including production data
- Trends in the use of refractories in iron and steel, non-ferrous metals, cement, glass and ceramics industries, including consumption patterns, such as changes in the consumption of refractories per tonne of steel
- Details of production plant outputs and capacities for both refractory raw materials and finished refractory products
- Technical developments and their impact on the refractories industry and its markets
- Review of China and India's role in the contemporary and future markets for refractories, as well as a review of other developing markets for refractory products and refractory raw materials
- Profiles of major refractories producers and raw materials suppliers: their size, market share and product range, with financial results
Companies mentioned in this report include:
- ANH Refractories Co
- Calderys SA
- Chosun Refractories Co Ltd
- Krosaki Harima Corp
- Magnesita SA
- Magnezit Group
- Minteq International Inc
- Morgan Thermal Ceramics
- QingHua Refractories
- Refratechnik Holding GmbH
- RHI AG
- Saint-Gobain SA
- Shinagawa Refractories Co Ltd
- Vesuvius plc
- Wugang Refractory Co Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5c7b5z/the_refractories
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
SOURCE Research and Markets