The H Hotel and Marais Restaurant join Michigan list of 2014 AAA Four Diamond Award honorees
DEARBORN, Mich., March 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The H Hotel in Midland and Marais Restaurant in Grosse Pointe are the newest Michigan additions awarded AAA's prestigious Four-Diamond rating for hospitality industry excellence. A total 16 hotels and six restaurants across Michigan have earned the AAA Four-Diamond Award for 2014.
The H Hotel in Midland, part of the Dolce Hotels and Resorts, includes 130 luxurious guestrooms and suites, a top-of-the-line fitness center, fine dining facilities, courtyard and garden.
Marais Restaurant offers contemporary French-based, modern haute cuisine. Marais chef/owner David Gilbert and his wife, Monica Gilbert, co-owner and general manager, recently opened the gorgeous restaurant.
Four outstanding Detroit properties received the designation. They include The Westin Book Cadillac (4 consecutive years); the MotorCity Casino Hotel (5 years) and its restaurant, Iridescence (13 years); and the MGM Grand (6 years).
The other award-winning hotels include:
- Birmingham – The Townsend Hotel (26 years)
- Dearborn – The Dearborn Inn (11 years) and The Henry Hotel Autograph Collection (25 years)
- Grand Rapids – Amway Grand Plaza hotel (29 years) and JW Marriott Hotel Grand Rapids (7 years)
- Radisson Plaza Hotel and Suites – Kalamazoo (2 years)
- Mackinac Island – Grand Hotel (20 years)
- Mount Pleasant – Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort (16 years)
- Plymouth – The Inn at St. John's (3 years)
- Rochester – Royal Park Hotel (8 years)
- Romulus – The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport (11 years)
- Southfield – The Westin Southfield (12 years)
The other AAA Four Diamond restaurants include:
- Birmingham – Rugby Grill (13 years)
- Farmington Hills – Cafe Cortina (11 years)
- Grand Rapids – Cygnus 27 (10 years)
- West Bloomfield -- The Lark (24 years)
The awards were presented by AAA Michigan at a special noon luncheon today (March 10) during the 2014 Pure Michigan Governor's Conference on Tourism at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa in Acme in northern Michigan.
AAA rates more properties than any other rating entity. AAA offers the only ratings based on professional, on-site evaluations using published guidelines weighted by member priorities.
SOURCE AAA Michigan