WORCESTER, Mass., April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- THE HANOVER INSURANCE GROUP, INC. (NYSE: THG), a leading provider of property and casualty insurance for businesses, families and individuals countrywide, today announced that it has launched a distinctive new billing system. The easy-to-use billing system delivers convenience and flexibility, and empowers agents to build stronger customer relationships.
Developed with significant input from agents and customers, the versatile billing system is now available for both commercial lines and personal lines customers. It offers easy-to-use online tools, an enhanced online experience that makes the billing process clearer than ever for customers and agents as well as best-in-class printed billing statements that are easy to understand.
"We are thrilled to launch this industry-leading billing system, which is a significant investment that demonstrates our ongoing commitment to extraordinary customer service and innovation," said Greg Tranter, chief information and operations officer at The Hanover. He continued, "In our industry, billing is the single largest source of customer complaints and therefore one of the most visible and important touch points for our company to help our agent partners do business more efficiently. We believe that the investment in our new billing platform has enormous potential to further improve customer satisfaction and our agency operations."
The new billing system empowers Hanover agents to work with their customers to create a customized experience that meets their unique needs. Some of the benefits offered include:
- Combined billing options, enables business and personal insurance policyholders who wish to consolidate their Hanover policies within a single bill. This means less paper, less confusion, and just one Hanover bill to track and one payment to remember.
- Flexible payment dates, empowers policyholders to choose a due date for their premium that works best for them. With this option premium due dates no longer have to coincide with a policy's effective date. This is convenient for customers who can better align billing dates with their needs.
- More bill payment plans gives more options to policyholders, including monthly and bi-monthly billing, one-time payments and more. Each customer has different needs, and the choice of plans provides options and flexibility.
- Convenient ways to pay, whether customers want to make payment online 24/7 at hanover.com, sign-up for automatic, recurring payments from a bank account, use a credit card, debit or e-check, the new system makes it simple and easy.
- Important facts at a glance to help agents and customers when viewing a policyholder's bill online or on paper find important information such as recent transactions, and amount due. Enabling quick and accurate status updates, eliminates a common area of frustration.
"The new billing system, with its many enhancements, produces billing statements that are clear and concise, and also offer a lot of flexibility," said Tranter. "For example, the ability to customize options like payment due dates can be a critically important issue for a personal insurance policyholder who is on a particular pay schedule or a business owner who prefers to pay bills on a certain day of the month," He continued. "This is all part of our focus to provide agents and their customers with the responsive service experience that they deserve."
ABOUT THE HANOVER
Founded in 1852, The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG) is proud to be celebrating 160 years of delivering on its promises to its agent and broker partners, and their customers. The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc., based in Worcester, Mass., is the holding company for a group of insurers that includes The Hanover Insurance Company, Chaucer Holdings plc., and their affiliates. The Hanover offers a wide range of property and casualty products and services to businesses, individuals, and families through a select group of agents and brokers. The company is ranked among the top 25 property and casualty insurers in the United States. Through Chaucer, the company also underwrites business at Lloyd's of London in several major insurance and reinsurance classes, including property, marine and aviation, energy, U.K. motor and casualty. For more information, please visit www.hanover.com.
CONTACT: Amy Banek Media Relations firstname.lastname@example.org (508) 855-4486
SOURCE The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc.