The Holiday Shopping Season Has Just Begun For Some National Free Shipping Day on December 17 Offers Last Minute Shopping Incentive
DODGEVILLE, Wis., Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- While millions of holiday shoppers took advantage of Black Friday and Cyber Monday in record numbers this year, a recent survey conducted on behalf of Lands' End finds that 30 percent of this season's gift buyers have yet to make a single purchase. Of those that have begun to tackle holiday shopping, almost eight out of ten (79 percent) still have gifts to purchase with over half (51 percent) stating they have up to five gifts left on the shopping list. The survey also revealed that the upcoming National Free Shipping Day (December 17) will provide an added shopping incentive for 39 percent of shoppers.
"At Lands' End, we love to accommodate last minute holiday shoppers," said Joan Conlin, vice president of customer care services, Lands' End. "Our customer service representatives, expedited shipping options, warehouse staff and gift wrapping services make Lands' End the perfect Procrastination Destination to fulfill last minute gift orders. In fact, we will be taking orders until December 21st with expedited shipping to be processed and delivered in time for Christmas Eve."
With only two weeks before the holiday, the survey finds last minute shoppers will be out in full force. Seven out of ten (73 percent) respondents state they will be shopping during the two weeks before Christmas with 10 percent confessing they will be shopping for holiday gifts on Christmas Eve.
While some shoppers may procrastinate, they do have gifts lists in place.
Topping last minute lists, shoppers will be shopping for Apparel and Accessories (58 percent), Gift Cards (56 percent), Electronics (46 percent), Food and Confections (38 percent), Jewelry (26 percent), Housewares (25 percent) and Pet Products (18 percent).Additional Last Minute Holiday Shopping Survey Findings:
- Better Late Than Never – Almost three-quarters of respondents (74 percent) state they did not shop earlier this year than prior years even though retailers offered early shopping incentives and promotions.
- Shopping Procrastinators – When asked why wait until the last minute to shop for gifts, 59 percent state they are "natural procrastinators."
- Taking Time – More than seven out of ten (74 percent) surveyed state they take their time to search out the right gifts for recipients, while more than half (53 percent) state they do not have time to shop.
- Stressed and Excited – Last minute shoppers state they are "stressed" because there is so much left to do (42 percent), yet "excited" to find good deals and gifts (49 percent).
- Shopping and Joy – When it comes to holiday shopping, a quarter of respondents (26 percent) enjoy the last minute shopping experience.
Free Shipping Day and #lastminute Twitter Event
On December 17, 2012, Lands' End will take part in National Free Shipping Day offering free shipping on all orders placed on landsend.com without a minimum purchase. To celebrate and give last minute shoppers tips and advice, the company is also hosting a Twitter Event complete with last minute gift suggestions and giveaways from 10:00 am CST until 2:00 pm CST also on December 17th. Participants can follow @LandsEndPR to join the fun and tweet with the event organizers and co-hosts at #lastminute for a chance to win one of more than 35 great gifts from Lands' End.
About Lands' End®
Lands' End is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period. ® Lands' End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home at landsend.com, 1-800-800-5800, the Lands' End Shops at Sears and around the world. Lands' End is a proud member of the Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD).
Editors' Note: 604 men and women, age 18 and above were surveyed via SurveyMonkey from December 7 – 10, 2012.
SOURCE Lands' End