The Home Depot Presents 2013 Innovation Awards Retailer Recognizes Top Product Innovations, Cree LED Bulb Wins Top Honor
ATLANTA, Oct. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Home Depot®, the world's largest home improvement retailer, today announced that Cree won the retailer's 2013 Innovation Award for its LED light bulb. The annual award recognizes the most revolutionary new products that provide true benefits to consumers and the companies that exceeded expectations in sales, service and program execution. Mohawk Soft Spring Carpet received first runner-up honors for Soft Spring Carpet, and Plantation Patterns Patio won second runner-up honors for its Create Your Own Collection patio furniture.
"The Home Depot's goal is to offer customers the most innovative, ground-breaking products that will help them improve their homes while saving them time and money," said Craig Menear, executive vice president, Merchandising for The Home Depot. "Our merchants consistently work with our manufacturing partners to develop pioneering products that differentiate The Home Depot and attract customers."
Cree, Inc. introduced a game-changing series of LED bulbs at a retail price point that gives consumers a reason to switch to LED lighting. The long-lasting Cree LED bulbs showcase Cree's commitment to LED lighting innovation. The new bulbs look and shine as brightly as comparable incandescent while saving 84 percent of the energy and lasting 25 times longer compared to traditional bulbs. The barrier-breaking Cree LED bulb has earned ENERGY STAR® qualification and is now even more affordable with utility rebates. The Cree LED bulbs are backed by a 10-year limited warranty.
In addition to the top three award winners, The Home Depot recognized the companies that round out the top 10 product innovations:
- Mohawk for new Soft Spring Carpet innovation creates twice the softness as standard carpet. Maintains the best warranty in the industry with Lifetime Stain and 25 year wear warranties.
- Plantation Patterns Patio Create Your Own Collection is an industry changing program that offers customizable patio furniture to customers at a fraction of the price and wait time.
- Behr Deck Over is an innovative solid color coating that brings old weathered wood or concrete back to life.
- Rustoleum NeverWet is a revolutionary super hydrophobic system that protects virtually any surface keeping it clean & dry.
- Behr Marquee is stain blocking paint & primer in one formulated to resist dirt & fading better than competitive products.
- Ryobi Li-Ion 18v Hybrid String Trimmer is the first trimmer to feature hybrid technology. The trimmer can be powered by the 18V One+ battery pack for ultimate mobility, or plugged in to an outlet for never ending power ensuring that yard maintenance is always finished in one job.
- Delta's Smartfit Tank to Bowl Connection Toilet and integrated supply line eliminates any chance for leaks in the bottom of the tank while making the installation easier.
- Cordelia Commercial Electric LED Portfolio provides breakthrough product innovation that offers consumers a complete whole house Recessed LED solution.
- Drummen Drop N Bloom Annuals provide customers combinations of premium genetics that actually grow more beautiful with age. Individual components finish well together. Just remove the plant from the container and drop into their favorite pot and Presto.
- Milwaukee Double Duty Sawzall Blades the tough Bi-Metal design allows faster cutting, longer life blades that can bend without shattering.
For more information about products available at The Home Depot, visit www.homedepot.com.
About The Home Depot
The Home Depot is the world's largest home improvement specialty retailer, with 2,259 retail stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, 10 Canadian provinces and Mexico. In fiscal 2012, The Home Depot had sales of $74.8 billion and earnings of $4.5 billion. The Company employs more than 300,000 associates. The Home Depot's stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HD) and is included in the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor's 500 index.
SOURCE The Home Depot