LONDON, Dec. 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hydroelectric Inga III Project of the DRC : What Opportunities Exist for Inga III Considering the Cu rrent State of the Project and the DRC
A planned 4,800 MW will arise from Inga III Basse Haute (BC), the first phase of two for the powerful Congo River. While the Inga project is a multinational mega project meant to provide power to several off-takers in Southern Africa, it has seen delays putting the operational date after 2020. These challenges are being addressed with the help of several financial institutions and development organizations. Should the project gain traction, several opportunities present themselves in operations, maintenance and indirect markets such as consulting and skill development.
The Inga III Basse Chute is the next development on the Congo River and aims to produce MW of green energy. The off-takers of this power is South Africa, the mining regions of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and the capital Kinshasa.
- The rehabilitation of Inga I and Inga II is currently ongoing and continues to experience power interruptions.
- The Inga III project has been delayed several times, the last being due to the World Bank barring several contenders for the consortium. The project start date has been pushed to 2017 (it was previously 2015).
- Despite historical evidence of corruption and maladministration, several development and financial institutions are contributing finances and expertise to the project.
- The government of the DRC has several bodies in place that regulate the process of foreign investment and harmonise business law throughout Africa.
- Export markets stand to be economically improved through increased electrification of trade and industry sectors such as South Africa.
- There are opportunities for international equipment suppliers and engineering, procurement, and construction firms to be involved in the project as local expertise is insufficient.
- Supporting industries offering consultancy and advisory services will be required as the development of the project begins to gain traction.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3443678/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48