The Inn at St. John's in Plymouth Joins List of 2012 AAA Four Diamond Award® Honorees
DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Inn at St. John's in Plymouth is the latest Metro Detroit property to be awarded AAA's prestigious Four-Diamond rating for hospitality industry excellence. A total 14 hotels and six restaurants across Michigan have earned the AAA Four-Diamond Award for 2012.
Five outstanding Detroit properties received the designation. They include The Westin Book Cadillac (2 consecutive years); the MotorCity Casino Hotel (3 years) and its restaurant, Iridescence (11 years), and MGM Grand (4 years) and its restaurant, Saltwater (4 years).
The other award-winning hotels include:
- Birmingham – The Townsend Hotel (24 years)
- Dearborn – The Dearborn Inn ( 9 years) and The Henry Hotel Autograph Collection (23 years)
- Grand Rapids – Amway Grand Plaza Hotel ( 27 years) and JW Marriott Hotel Grand Rapids (5 years)
- Mackinac Island – Grand Hotel (18 years)
- Mount Pleasant – Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort (14 years)
- Rochester – Royal Park Hotel (6 years)
- Romulus – The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport (9 years)
- Southfield – The Westin Southfield (10 years)
The other AAA Four Diamond restaurants include:
- Birmingham – Rugby Grill (11 years)
- Farmington Hills – Cafe Cortina (9 years)
- Grand Rapids – Cygnus 27 (8 years)
- West Bloomfield – The Lark (22 years)
The awards will be presented by AAA Michigan at a special luncheon on Monday, March 26, during the Pure Michigan Governor's Conference on Tourism 2012 at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in Grand Rapids.
The AAA Four Diamond rating is assigned to lodgings that are refined and stylish with upscale physical attributes and offer guests extensive amenities and a wide range of services. Restaurants at this level offer a distinctive fine-dining experience marked by highly creative chefs, complex menus, fresh top-quality ingredients and knowledgeable staff.
Continuing a 75-year tradition, AAA's professionally trained inspectors use published guidelines to conduct unannounced property evaluations. AAA rates more properties than any other rating entity and is the only rating system that covers the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. It is only one of two that conduct physical, on-site evaluations.
AAA Approved and Diamond Rated hotel and restaurant listings can be found in the AAA TourBook guides available at AAA and CAA offices. They can be accessed online at AAA.com/Travel and through downloadable eTourBook guides at AAA.com/ebooks. Smartphone users can locate establishments using the free AAA TripTik Mobile app or AAA Mobile Web at AAA.com/mobile.
SOURCE AAA Michigan