DEARBORN, Mich., March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Inn at St. John's in Plymouth is the latest Metro Detroit property to be awarded AAA's prestigious Four-Diamond rating for hospitality industry excellence. A total 14 hotels and six restaurants across Michigan earned the AAA Four-Diamond Award for 2012.
Five Detroit properties received the designation. They include The Westin Book Cadillac; the MotorCity Casino Hotel and its restaurant, Iridescence, and MGM Grand and its restaurant, Saltwater.
The other award-winning hotels are:
- Birmingham – The Townsend Hotel
- Dearborn – The Dearborn Inn and The Henry Hotel Autograph Collection
- Grand Rapids – Amway Grand Plaza Hotel and JW Marriott Hotel Grand Rapids
- Mackinac Island – Grand Hotel
- Mount Pleasant – Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort
- Rochester – Royal Park Hotel
- Romulus – The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
- Southfield – The Westin Southfield
The other AAA Four Diamond restaurants include:
- Birmingham – Rugby Grill
- Farmington Hills – Cafe Cortina
- Grand Rapids – Cygnus 27
- West Bloomfield – The Lark
The awards will be presented by AAA Michigan at a luncheon today (March 26) during the Pure Michigan Governor's Conference on Tourism 2012 at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in Grand Rapids.
Continuing a 75-year tradition, AAA's professionally trained inspectors use published guidelines to conduct unannounced property evaluations. AAA rates more properties than any other rating entity and is the only rating system that covers the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
SOURCE AAA Michigan