NEW YORK, June 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Jed Foundation (JED), a leading non-profit working to protect emotional health and prevent suicide for teens and young adults, will host their 16th Annual Gala on Monday June 5th at Cipriani Wall Street.
Hosted by Emmy-nominated actor and neuroscientist, Dr. Mayim Bialik, the event will honor and celebrate organizations and individuals who use their voices, talents, and resources to prevent the devastating impact of emotional distress, mental illness, and suicide for our nation's young people.
"I'm proud to be the voice of JED's Gala this year and a mental health advocate. These issues are personally important to me and I believe there is more we can all do to help support young people so they can fulfill their greatest potential," said Mayim Bialik.
JED's 2017 honorees are:
- Dear Evan Hansen: Broadway Musical Nominated for 9 Tony Awards – JED Media Award for Leadership in Mental health
- Lindsey Stirling: Critically Acclaimed Electronic Violinist – JED Voice of Mental Health Award
- Matthew Argame: Senior at California State University, Long Beach – JED's Jerry Greenspan Student Voice of Mental Health Award
- WebMD/Medscape – JED Corporate Award for Leadership in Mental Health
Special guests and performances include:
- Tyler Posey: actor and star of MTV's Teen Wolf
- Baba Israel: artist, producer, educator
- Brooklyn United: community based music & arts program
- Grace McLean: singer-actress-writer; recipient of the 2017 Hunt Family Emerging Artist Award from Lincoln Center.
- The Reality Show NYU: a musical sketch comedy
"We are so grateful to each of our partners and everyone who supports this inspiring evening including leaders from business, mental health and the philanthropic communities. Incredible things happen when we work together to bring awareness to mental health and suicide prevention for teenagers and young adults," said John MacPhee, JED Chief Executive Officer. "We can see the tangible results of our work, made possible by our generous supporters – in the past year, we've reached millions of young people where they are – online and in school – and more than 2,500 colleges have strengthened their safety nets for students by using JED's resources."
Learn more about JED's Gala and purchase tickets here.
JED is a nonprofit that exists to protect emotional health and prevent suicide for our nation's teens and young adults. We're partnering with high schools and colleges to strengthen their mental health, substance abuse and suicide prevention programs and systems. We're equipping teens and young adults with the skills and knowledge to help themselves and each other. We're encouraging community awareness, understanding and action for young adult mental health.
Learn more at jedfoundation.org. Check out our programs including: JED Campus (jedcampus.org), Set to Go (settogo.org), ULifeline (ulifeline.org), Half of Us (halfofus.com) and Love is Louder (loveislouder.com).
Makovsky for The Jed Foundation
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-jed-foundation-hosts-16th-annual-gala-300467961.html
SOURCE The Jed Foundation