The Jim Henson Company Prepares to Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Jim Henson's Beloved Television Series Fraggle Rock ~ 2013 DANCE YOUR CARES AWAY GLOBAL EFFORT BEGINS WITH ART CONTEST AND WILL INCLUDE A SPECIAL 30 YEARS/30 TRENDSETTING BRANDS, DESIGNERS, ARTISTS
HOLLYWOOD, Calif., April 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In recognition of the upcoming 2013 30th Anniversary of The Jim Henson Company's perennially favorite children's television series Fraggle Rock™ the Company has announced plans for the following celebrations, events and new product availability for fans of all ages. Ongoing updates and additional announcements will be made at Henson.com; twitter.com/hensoncompany; facebook.com/hensoncompany
- In preparation of the year-long campaign, The Jim Henson Company is partnering with Talenthouse, an influential online community of artists, whose sponsored engagement engine provides a unique platform to give artists and designers around the world an opportunity to create artwork that embodies the spirit and creativity of the Fraggle Rock brand. Artwork may be submitted in a contest which will begin on April 25th. Interested contributors can visit http://www.talenthouse.com/design-for-fraggle-rock-jim-henson for details. The Grand prize winner will receive $2,500 plus a trip to Hollywood for the launch event and a private tour of The Jim Henson Company. Nine second prize winners will receive $500. All ten winners' designs will be considered for use on special 30th anniversary commemorative product.
- Thirty brands, designers, and artists will be joining the Dance Your Cares Away Fraggle fun by offering unique products to commemorate the year. Companies and designers already on board include:
- DRx Romanelli will design a line of DRx Fraggle Denim.
- Celebrity designer Anita Ko in conjunction with Glamhouse will launch a line of "funky" costume jewelry.
- Kamibashi will add a line of Fraggle Rock characters to their popular String Doll Gang line.
- Music producer Bryan Ray Turcotte will collaborate with tastemaker Darren Romanelli to produce a compilation record featuring top indie artists' unique renditions of popular Fraggle songs.
"As a testament to the legacy of the brand and to honor Jim Henson's original vision, we are creating a 30th anniversary celebration that our loyal fans around the world will love and enjoy," said Melissa Segal, Senior Vice President, Global Consumer Products for The Jim Henson Company. "We are in discussions with several exciting brands that share our love of the Fraggle Rock property and look forward to announcing additional partners who want to join in the celebration."
FRAGGLE ROCK Synopsis
Created by Jim Henson, Fraggle Rock stars a cast of five puppet creatures called Fraggles, diverse and quirky cave-dwelling creatures who live in an underground world alongside their hard working green neighbors, the Doozers and a family of enormous Gorgs. The three very diverse but yet surprisingly similar communities learn to live and work in harmony with music, fun and adventures.
Premiering in 1983, Fraggle Rock was seen in 80 countries in at least ten different languages. Fraggle Rock continues to enjoy a loyal international fan following. In its 96 episodes, the show encouraged an understanding and embracing of friendship and diversity and featured a unique mix of music from all genres from folk, blues, gospel, country and rock.
About The Jim Henson Company:
The Jim Henson Company has remained an established leader in family entertainment for over 50 years and is recognized worldwide as an innovator in puppetry, animatronics and digital animation. Best known as creators of the world famous Muppets, Henson has received over 50 Emmy Awards and nine Grammy Awards. Recent credits include the Emmy® nominated "Sid the Science Kid," and "Dinosaur Train" as well as "Wilson & Ditch: Digging America" and "Pajanimals." Features include "The Dark Crystal," "Labyrinth," "MirrorMask," and "Unstable Fables" and television productions include "Fraggle Rock" and the sci-fi cult series "Farscape."
With additional locations in New York and London, The Jim Henson Company is headquartered in Los Angeles on the historic Charlie Chaplin lot, complete with soundstage and postproduction facilities. Independently owned and operated by the five adult children of founder Jim Henson, the Company is also home to Jim Henson's Creature Shop™, a pre-eminent character-building and visual effects group with international film, television and advertising clients, as well as Henson Recording Studios, one of the music industry's top recording facilities known for its world-class blend of state-of-the-art and vintage equipment. The Company's Henson Alternative brand has recently launched the national tour of "Stuffed and Unstrung," a live puppet improvisational show named one of the top 10 "Best Stage Shows of 2010" by Entertainment Weekly. henson.com; join us on facebook.com/hensoncompany; and follow us at twitter.com/hensonparents
Talenthouse is the most influential online community of artists and creators, bringing aspiring talent and industry icons together to cultivate conversations and campaigns across the web. Artists always keep ownership of their own work using Talenthouse as a platform to make the connections that drive their careers forward. Brands and advertisers use our Sponsored Engagement Engine (SEE) to work with artists and leverage their influence across the social web. It's at Talenthouse that artists and brands engage to build an authentic community that rewards creativity and unlocks the value of collaboration. Talenthouse.com
SOURCE The Jim Henson Company