SAVANNAH, Ga., Nov. 11, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Landings Club on Skidaway Island welcomes two new directors to the private residential golf club. Chris Kader, Director of Court Sports, joined the team in August and Jacob (Jake) McLendon will join the team at The Landings Club as Director of Fitness and Wellness mid-November.
"Our two new directors align with our members' desires to grow in the areas of court sports and functional fitness," said Steven Freund, Executive Director at The Landings Club. "Chris is the new director of court sports, not just tennis, as our offerings have expanded to include bocce, pickleball and platform tennis. Jake's extensive experience in functional fitness and sports training will cater to our diverse membership base interested in everything from high school football conditioning to losing weight to active aging and all areas in between."
- Born and raised in Geneva, Ohio, Chris' ties to the game of tennis go back to his earliest days and as Chris stated, "It's in my blood."
- Chris' father was an accomplished PTR professional who introduced him to the game at age five.
- He excelled as a competitive player as a junior and into his high school years and played Division I college tennis at Elon University where he majored in corporate communications.
- After five years of working at clubs in Ohio, he joined the team at Coral Ridge Country Club as the Head Professional under Will Hoag.
- Chris was Will's right hand man for nearly 10 years when he had the opportunity to take on the role of Director of Tennis at The Beach Club in Palm Beach where he served the membership until joining The Landings Club.
- Chris is joined at The Landings Club by his wife, Heidi, and their children, three-year-old Olivia and one-year-old Thomas.
- Jake began his career in fitness during high school when he received his first personal training certification at 16.
- He attended the University of West Georgia and Georgia State University where he studied nutrition and sports management and was an active personal trainer and manager for a few Atlanta-based fitness clubs during college.
- During his years of leadership following college, he was introduced to the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) where he began working on content development for certifications and leadership courses.
- Jake has also worked with BEACHBODY and LES MILLS international as a master trainer, educator, and content developer for both group exercise programs for the last nine years.
- Jake is a certified personal trainer, a certified nutritionist, and holds more than 20 specialized certifications in fitness modalities ranging from yoga and Pilates to BodyCombat and BodyPump to functional movement and group exercise and has earned multiple CrossFit certifications including CrossFit Level I, CrossFit Kids and CrossFit Kettlebell and two specialized certifications from P90X.
- Jake will be joined at The Landings Club by his wife, Mandy, and their children, 5-year-old Hailey, 4-year-old Emily, and 17-month-old Griffin when he officially joins the team Monday, Nov 16.
The Landings Club on Skidaway Island is a private club dedicated to serving members with an active lifestyle in a vacation setting. Located 12 miles from historic Savannah, Georgia, The Landings Club offers members access to six golf courses, two marinas, 33 tennis courts, seven restaurants, five swimming pools and an innovative fitness and wellness center. To learn more about The Landings Club lifestyle and the exceptional cuisine and golf enjoyed on the island, please visit www.landingsclub.com or like us on Facebook.
Contact: Cara Slider, PR Manager
304.906.6838 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE The Landings Club