The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Seeks to Fund Research in Six Critical Areas of Unmet Medical Need
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) has issued new requests for proposals from researchers in six critical areas of unmet medical need. The RFPs mark LLS's aggressive and proactive approach to addressing the challenge of improving outcomes for cancer patients with particularly urgent needs. LLS aims to stimulate more academic research in these areas:
- New immunotherapeutics for patients with acute myelogenous leukemia;
- Novel therapeutics for patients with non-cutaneous T-cell malignancies;
- Introduction of novel agents in the treatment of patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and mantle cell lymphoma;
- Therapies for patients with myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) who have failed hypomethylating agents;
- Therapies for new targets such as bromodomains, methylation and other epigenetic approaches for patients with high-risk myeloma;
- Research that addresses long-term and late effects of blood cancer therapies.
Upon reviewing responses to these requests, LLS will award grants under its Translational Research Program, an initiative designed to help accelerate the movement of promising discoveries from the lab to the clinic. Each grant will be for a three-year duration with a total value of up to $600,000.
About The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society ® (LLS) is the world's largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. The LLS mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services. Founded in 1949 and headquartered in White Plains, NY, LLS has chapters throughout the United States and Canada. To learn more, visit www.LLS.org or contact the Information Resource Center at (800) 955-4572, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET. www.lls.org.
SOURCE The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.