SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced that in January of this year, 29 organizations joined the Foundation as Silver members. Linux Foundation members help support development of the greatest shared technology resources in history, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation.
From networking and the Internet of Things to cloud and container-based technologies, open source has become the de facto standard for software development. The Linux Foundation hosts projects that unite technologists and business leaders to create sustainable open source ecosystems to support the ongoing success of these technologies.
"The Linux Foundation provides a neutral home for collaborative development," said Jim Zemlin, executive director, The Linux Foundation. "Member investments like we're seeing today help ensure the communities hosted here are sustainable long term with the tools needed to create scalable and highly interoperable computing infrastructure."
In addition to joining the Foundation, many new members have joined Linux Foundation projects such as Automotive Grade Linux, Cloud Native Computing Foundation, Hyperledger and Zephyr Project. For a full list of members, visit https://www.linuxfoundation.org/members/corporate.
New members include:
- Amdocs is a leading software and services provider to the world's most successful communications and media companies.
- Aporeto provides a comprehensive cloud-native security solution for deploying and operating cloud-native applications.
- BOCO Inter-Telecom is an information technology and services company based in China.
- Bitmark enables property rights and provenance for digital assets by means of a transparent chain of ownership and attribution that can be authenticated by anyone.
- Chef Software is the creator of the Chef platform for DevOps workflow automation and management.
- DaoCloud is a cloud computing company providing Docker services.
- DrimAES provides new automotive embedded solutions with innovative driving, data and cloud technologies.
- Factom Foundation, a United Kingdom nonprofit, supports and maintains the Factom Protocol and Network.
- Fzg360 Network Co. is a computer processing and data preparation and processing services company based in China.
- Galactic Fog is the creator of The Gestalt Framework for streamlining the integration of scalable apps into any enterprise.
- Gronau IT Cloud Computing GmbH is a consultancy with core competences in system administration, architecture, quality assurance and managed services.
- Hashed Health leads a consortium of healthcare companies focused on accelerating meaningful innovation using blockchain and distributed ledger technologies.
- Heptio, a company created by founders of the Kubernetes project, supports and advances the open Kubernetes ecosystem.
- Insignary is a South Korean company dedicated to making the connected world a safer place by providing the insight to identify compliance and security issues in open source code.
- LedgerDomain is a supply chain solutions expert.
- LiveWyer, a Kubernetes and cloud-native computing professional services company, delivers emerging tools and processes to enterprise IT environments.
- Loodse GmbH is the creator of Kubermatic, which enables companies to run fully managed clusters that increase speed, efficiency, scalability and flexibility of their infrastructures.
- Madhive allows brands and publishers to measure customer intent data across TV, mobile and web, while integrating secure blockchain technology.
- Mender creates an open source remote software updater for embedded Linux devices.
- Nordic Semiconductor provides ultra low power (ULP) wireless chips that can run for a long time from small power sources.
- RadarWin is a Shanghai-based blockchain expert.
- RealVNC promotes, enhances and commercializes VNC remote access software.
- Runtime provides consulting services to companies making connected devices, particularly those using Bluetooth Low Energy.
- Sovrin Foundation is a private-sector, international non-profit that was established to govern the world's first self-sovereign identity (SSI) network.
- Suzuki Motor Corporation specializes in manufacturing automobiles, four-wheel drive vehicles, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, outboard marine engines and other motorized products.
- Telenav provides personalized navigation services help people make smarter decisions about where to go, what to do, when to leave and how to get there.
- Tigera is the company behind the Calico open source secure cloud networking project.
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world's top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found at www.linuxfoundation.org.
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
The Linux Foundation
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-linux-foundation-adds-29-silver-members-in-january-300414874.html
SOURCE The Linux Foundation