SAN FRANCISCO, May 25, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced that 49 new organizations have joined the Foundation as Silver members. Linux Foundation members help support development of the greatest shared technology resources in history, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation.
With the support of its members, The Linux Foundation hosts open source projects across technologies including networking, security, cloud, blockchain and more. This collaborative development model is helping technology advance at a rapid pace in a way that benefits individuals and organizations around the world.
"We are thrilled to welcome so many organizations to The Linux Foundation," said Jim Zemlin, executive director, The Linux Foundation. "These new members are making an investment in open source that benefit their organizations as well as the entire community."
In addition to joining the Foundation, many of these new members have joined Linux Foundation projects such as Automotive Grade Linux, Cloud Native Computing Foundation, DPDK, EdgeX Foundry, Hyperledger, Open Container Initiative and Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP). For a full list of members, visit https://www.linuxfoundation.org/members/corporate.
New members include:
- Alleantia's mission is making the Internet of Things (IoT) plug and play for any legacy and new device.
- Analog Devices is a global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges.
- ARCCORE covers the complete development cycle from prototyping to production, paving the way for autonomous driving (ADAS/AD), advanced infotainment and other in-car applications.
- Atomic Rules uses advanced methods and tools to help solve communication and computation challenges.
- Bayshore Networks is a cybersecurity leader for the Industrial IoT.
- CertusNet is a leading provider of information platform and application solutions.
- Clause Inc. enables commercial contracts to utilize real-time data from APIs and the IoT and autonomously manage themselves.
- Cloud of Things is an IoT connected products management solution that enables its customers to connect any device to any cloud.
- CloudPlugs enables developers to easily prototype and connect Things so that organizations of all sizes can mass deploy and manage them in a simple, fast and effective manner.
- Coriant develops innovative and dynamic networking solutions for a fast-changing and cloud-enabled business world.
- Davra Networks develops a cloud-based software platform that allows system integrators and network VARs to build managed network and data services in for IoT.
- Deloitte Consulting includes technology, strategy and operations, and human capital consulting and more.
- Device Authority is a leading provider of IoT identity and access management.
- EBPI is a dynamic and fast-growing provider of ICT services.
- Eigen Innovations is used by industrial manufacturers to optimize their production operation using an advanced quality inspection and process control system.
- EpiSensor is a reliable and secure Industrial IoT platform.
- FogHorn Systems is a developer of "edge intelligence" software for industrial and commercial IoT applications.
- Great Bay Software offers endpoint and IoT connection security, providing real-time device discovery, onboarding, monitoring and enforcement.
- IMS Evolve connects multiple types of controls, machine classes and assets, and brings them together to communicate in one unified language.
- Impact LABS (INEX) brings together IoT companies, tech and industry leaders, enterprises and subject matter experts to instrument the physical world with intelligence and intention for profit and resilience.
- IOTech Systems aims to be a leader in the global Edge/Fog IoT platform market through a productized open source business model and channel strategy incorporating key global IoT players looking to leverage OT software solutions and skills.
- IoT.bzh is a specialized Linux distribution aiming to provide IoT developers a ready to go software platform to create applications.
- IoTium is a secure network infrastructure company for the Industrial IoT.
- KMC Controls provides innovative, easy-to-use building management and automation solutions.
- Kodaro helps contractors, controls companies and end-users find value in their building data.
- Macai Limited undertakes and delivers a full package of integrated construction service across the commercial, retail, hotel, rail, public and residential sectors.
- MachineShop provides powerful, yet compact and inexpensive computing solutions at the edge of the enterprise.
- Mashape builds open source tools and services for managing microservices and APIs.
- Mobiliya provides device-to-cloud software engineering and system integration services with specialization in augmented reality, IoT, enterprise software, embedded systems, security and automotive.
- Mocana's comprehensive IoT security platform protects more than 100 million IoT devices and ensures secure device-to-cloud communications.
- Modius is a provider of data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software for optimizing the infrastructure and operations of critical facilities.
- MuleSoft provides a widely used integration platform (Mule ESB and CloudHub) for connecting SaaS and enterprise applications in the cloud and on-premise.
- NetFoundry enables businesses to extend mobile, IT, IoT and cloud applications across the Internet, IT, IoT and clouds, with the security and performance of a private network.
- Neustar is a trusted, neutral provider of real-time information services.
- Opto22 manufactures controllers, I/O, solid-state relays and software products that link electrical, mechanical and electronic devices to networks and computers.
- Petrichor offers Cycle, a program that integrates all the features needed to deploy, manage and monitor containers in one unified platform.
- relayr is a rapidly-growing IoT company providing enterprise middleware and IoT solutions for the digital transformation of industries.
- RevTwo delivers a complete smart support solution for mobile apps, intelligent machines, devices, microservices and consumer products.
- RFMicron enables deep business insights across a range of industries with a new class of wireless smart passive sensors.
- Soloinsight provides technology solutions using an identification platform of integrated software and sensors to help customers manage critical resources while maintaining compliance.
- Spirent Communications is a leader in lifecycle service assurance solutions.
- Striim is a real-time data integration and streaming analytics software platform that enables smart decisions by analyzing data in-flight, while it is still relevant.
- Switch Automation is a smart building platform that connects all types of data from all types of sites.
- Tencent Cloud is a one-stop service for enterprises seeking to adopt public, hybrid and private cloud, along with cloud-based financial services – providing integrated cloud services such as IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Tulip Interfaces' IoT gateway integrates the devices, sensors and machines on the shop floor making it easy to monitor and interact with previously siloed data streams.
- Two Bulls is a digital product company working with a select group of clients and startups to create amazing products.
- Vantiq's goal is to provide the best technology platform for enterprises to digitize their business while keeping humans in charge.
- YADRO Company offers server and storage products focused on enterprise workloads, primarily deep learning, in-memory computing, hyper scale datacenter and large volume storage.
- ZingBox offers an IoT security solution that uses deep learning to leverage device personality and to protect services, not just data.
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world's top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found at www.linuxfoundation.org.
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page:https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
The Linux Foundation
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-linux-foundation-announces-49-new-silver-members-300463608.html
SOURCE The Linux Foundation