SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 31, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit advancing professional open source management for mass collaboration, today announced the program for Vault Linux Storage & Filesystems Conference, taking place March 22-23 in Cambridge, MA.
Vault brings together the leading developers and users in filesystems and storage in the Linux kernel and related projects to forge a path to continued innovation and education. Linux has been at the center of the advances in data, filesystems and storage with its widespread use in cloud computing, Big Data and other data-intensive computing workloads. At Vault, hardware vendors collaborate within the Linux community to develop cutting-edge storage hardware, helping transform Linux into a leader in the storage industry.
The event is preceded in the same venue by the Linux Storage, Filesystem & Memory Management Summit, an invitation-only gathering of the foremost development and research experts and kernel subsystem maintainers to map out and implement improvements to the Linux filesystem, storage and memory management subsystems that will make their way into the mainline kernel in the coming years. This co-location ensures Vault attendees will be able to meet and collaborate with the top minds in open source storage and filesystems.
Vault keynotes include:
- Haoyuan Li, CEO, Alluxio (formerly Tachyon) discussing Alluxio's journey thus far and the road ahead.
- LSF-MM Summit Readouts from Chairs Josef Bacik, Facebook; Martin Petersen, Oracle and Rik van Riel, Red Hat.
- Additional keynotes to be announced shortly.
Vault session highlights include:
- Ahmed El-Shimi from Minima provides insight into using machine learning to predict storage failures.
- Felix GV from LinkedIn explores how they refresh 100TB of data per day across multiple datacenters using Project Voldemort.
- Kernel hacker Christoph Hellwig illuminates filesystem and block storage optimizations in his talk, "Improving block discard support throughout the Linux Storage Stack".
- Kevin Vigor from Facebook examines how NFS is critical infrastructure and lessons they've learned from running it at very large scale in his talk: "NFS @ scale: worst. protocol. evar. (except for all the others)".
- Sage Weil from Red Hat discusses a new storage backend for Ceph named "Bluestore".
The full lineup of sessions can be viewed here.
The Linux Foundation events are where the world's leading technologists meet, collaborate, learn and network in order to advance innovations that support the world's largest shared technologies.
Registration for Vault is discounted to $500 through February 4. Discounted academic rates are also available. Applications for diversity scholarships are currently being accepted. For information on eligibility and how to apply, please click here.
Members of the press who would like to request a press pass to attend should contact Dan Brown at email@example.com.
Vault is made possible thanks to Platinum Sponsor Red Hat and Gold Sponsor Western Digital.
YouTube: The Linux Foundation Event Experience (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WUeelICQ2U)
Vault 2016 Photos and Presentations
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world's top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found at www.linuxfoundation.org.
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page:https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
The Linux Foundation
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-linux-foundation-announces-session-lineup-for-vault-linux-storage--filesystems-conference-300399437.html
SOURCE The Linux Foundation