ORANGE, Calif., April 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- With Cinco de Mayo just around the corner, the makers of the CHI-CHI'S® brand are offering festive party tips to help elevate any upcoming gathering into a fun and entertaining fiesta. In a world where everyone is glued to their phones, we want to help people connect with each other—and with the moment—over tasty chips, tortillas, crowd-pleasing salsa and fun times.
"Traditional Cinco de Mayo festivities celebrate a variety of traditions including parades, dancing, and most importantly, delicious Mexican food," said CHI-CHI'S® Associate Brand Manager Nikki Frisz. "CHI-CHI'S® products make it easy and convenient to add festive flavor to any party. The perfect celebration doesn't require a lot of time or money to plan—just tasty food, lively entertainment and, of course, friends and family."
Whether you host a grill out or an indoor "Salsabration," here are five quick tips to ensure a memorable time:
- Create ambience with colorful decorations—Brightly colored streamers, Mexican flag-inspired plates and napkins, party hats and noise makers will help guests get into the fiesta frame of mind. Finish off the décor with a classic piñata.
- Whip up pitchers of party drinks—Partygoers will be expecting traditional margaritas. Plan ahead so you're not overwhelmed. You can make a large batch of margaritas the day before—just pour into individual mason jars, screw on the lids and freeze—the next day you can easily hand them out as guests enter the party. If you're planning a Cinco de Mayo brunch, consider switching things up by serving CHI-CHI'S® Bloody Mary's.
- Heavy-up on the food—As guests come in and out of the party during different times, be sure to have a mix of flavorful appetizers, easy-to-grab finger foods (such as CHI-CHI'S® Thick and Chunky Salsa and Authentic Tortilla Chips), and entrees to ensure your guests aren't hungry. Try these simple recipes including Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Dip, Enchilada Stacks, and Easy Taco Bites–or browse here for more Mexican-inspired recipe ideas.
- Plan games and entertainment—Set up games beforehand for guests to play as they please. Some ideas include bags, the Mexican hat dance game and Pin the Tail on the Donkey. For a visual memento of the evening, set up a photo booth with festive props to ensure fun for all ages!
- Turn up the tunes—Music is a must for a truly authentic fiesta. If you can't splurge for a band, create a Mariachi music playlist for a traditional celebration or encourage guests to share a few of their favorite songs prior to the party. Once the party gets going, switch the tunes to your guests' favorites and dance the night away.
No matter how you choose to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, don't forget to relax, have fun and enjoy the moment. For more information about CHI-CHI'S® products, visit www.chichis.com, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
About CHI-CHI'S® Brand:
The CHI-CHI'S® brand is a premier Mexican food brand of MegaMex Foods, based in Orange, California. Originally established in the early '70s, the CHI-CHI'S® brand continues the legacy of celebrating fun times with family and friends in retail stores with a full line of delicious sauces, tasty tortillas and legendary salsa.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-makers-of-the-chi-chis-brand-share-tips-for-throwing-the-ultimate-cinco-de-mayo-fiesta-300446803.html