The mGive Foundation Celebrates its First Anniversary, Announces it Now Processes 85 Percent of U.S. Mobile Donations
Organization Has Teamed with 60 Leading Carriers to Help Nonprofits Expand Their Donation Base and Reach up to 290 Million U.S. Mobile Subscribers with Reliable, Cost-effective Mobile Giving Campaigns
Denver, Dec. 6, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The mGive Foundation (www.mgive.org), the leading 501(c)(3) public charity supporting U.S. mobile donation campaigns, today revealed that it processes 85 percent of mobile donations made in the United States today and has alliances with more than 60 U.S. mobile operators – just one year after its founding.
The mGive Foundation has achieved several significant accomplishments in the last year, including:
- Supporting more than 7,000 mobile giving campaigns for more than 500 nonprofit clients – and today responsible for processing 85 percent of all mobile donations in the United States;
- Forming alliances with more than 60 U.S. mobile carriers, representing 99 percent of mobile customers and around 290 million subscribers, who have agreed to support donations processed by The mGive Foundation;
- Filing for and being awarded nonprofit 501(c)(3) status;
- Establishing a revolutionary fee structure that makes it affordable for nonprofits of all sizes to benefit from effective mobile donation campaigns;
- Launching the first $25 mobile donation trial with major domestic mobile carriers;
- Removing the middleman in the mobile giving process, which allows nonprofits to receive their charitable donations from mobile carriers around 30 percent faster, and
- Introducing its nonprofit customers to Mobile Giving 2.0, a state-of-the-art mobile giving approach that allows nonprofits to implement the most cutting-edge mobile donation campaigns on the market today.
"One of the biggest reasons for our success at The mGive Foundation is the superior, proven technology platform we rely on and the strong partnership we have with mGive, the developer of this platform technology. This allows us to process donations for our nonprofit customers faster, more cost-effectively and more reliably than any other provider out there," said Jenifer Snyder, executive director of The mGive Foundation. "It's why we've already captured 85 percent of the U.S. mobile giving market. In fact, our platform was able to process tens thousands of donations per minute during the Haiti earthquake crisis while other platforms crashed because they could not handle the volume."
Mobile giving has exploded in the last year, starting with the success of the mobile donation campaigns launched to help earthquake victims in Haiti early this year. During that crisis, The mGive Foundation worked with the American Red Cross and others to facilitate the collection of more than $41 million in donations for victims within just a few weeks. Since its inception last year, The mGive Foundation has worked with a long list of leading nonprofits, including Susan G. Komen, United Way, Make-a-Wish Foundation®, Children's Miracle Network, Entertainment Industry Foundation, and Salvation Army.
"We selected The mGive Foundation as our mobile marketing partner because of their superior reputation and technology," said Laura Coley, online marketing manager for the Make-A-Wish Foundation®. "Their staff have provided exceptional service and together we have been able to build a mobile giving solution with the flexibility to meet our strategic objectives."
"The overriding goal of The mGive Foundation is to make it easy and affordable for nonprofits, their partners and mobile carriers to support cost-effective, state-of-the-art mobile donation campaigns. To help achieve this goal, we continue to build partnerships with a wide variety of mobile marketing and mobile engagement companies that share our commitment of expanding the U.S. mobile giving channel with accountability and reliability," said Snyder. "We are committed to growing the mobile giving channel in the United States by continuing to help nonprofits of all sizes take full advantage of one of the newest and most effective charitable giving channels: mobile donations."
About The mGive Foundation
The mGive Foundation (www.mgive.org) is a 501(c)(3) established to make it easy for nonprofits to quickly execute effective mobile giving campaigns – and for mobile operators to support them. The mGive Foundation has partnered with more than 60 of the nation's leading mobile carriers (covering 99 percent of U.S. mobile customers) to enable nonprofits of all sizes to increase overall donations and reach new audiences using affordable, reliable and regulation-compliant text-based mobile giving campaigns. The mGive Foundation has supported more than 7,000 mobile giving campaigns for more than 500 nonprofit clients and processes around 85 percent of all mobile donations made today.
SOURCE The mGive Foundation