DUBLIN, Dec. 1, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/crvk6d/molecular) has announced the addition of the "Molecular Diagnostics Market by Application, Technology, End User, Product - Forecast to 2020" report to their offering.
The molecular diagnostics market, by application, is categorized into infectious diseases, oncology, genetics, blood screening, microbiology, and others (cardiovascular diseases, neurological diseases, DNA fingerprinting, tissue typing, and food pathogen detection testing). The infectious diseases segment will account for the largest share of the global molecular diagnostics market in 2015, followed by the blood screening and oncology segments.
The molecular diagnostics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.3% to reach USD 9,333.8 Million by 2020.
High prevalence of infectious diseases and various types of cancer; increasing awareness and acceptance of personalized medicine and companion diagnostics; development of biomarkers; and advancements in molecular techniques, proteomics, and reformations in the reimbursement system are driving the growth of the market.
However, increased cost of molecular diagnostics tools, dearth of skilled labor to handle new and complex platforms, and the complex regulatory framework are the major factors restraining the growth of the market.
The molecular diagnostics market is broadly segmented on the basis of technology, application, products & services, and end user. The major technologies studied in the report include PCR, INAAT, microarrays, hybridization, DNA sequencing and next generation sequencing (NGS), and other technologies. Among these technologies, PCR is expected to command the largest share while microarrays is expected to grow at the highest rate.
Scope of the Report:
This market study majorly covers the products and services, applications, technologies, and end users for arriving at the overall molecular diagnostics market size in the period from 2015 to 2020.
1. Molecular Diagnostics Market, by Products and Services:
- Services & Software
2. Molecular Diagnostics Market, by Technology:
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Isothermal Nucleic Acid Amplification Technology (INAAT)
- Hybridization [In Situ Hybridization & Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization (FISH)]
- DNA Sequencing and Next-generation Sequencing
- Others (Mass Spectrometry, Flow Cytometry, and Electrophoresis)
3. Molecular Diagnostics Market, by Application:
- Infectious Diseases
- Blood Screening
- Others (Cardiovascular Diseases, Neurological Diseases, and DNA Fingerprinting)
4. Molecular Diagnostics Market, by End User:
- Reference Laboratories
- Hospital Laboratories
- Others (Blood Banks, Local Public Health Laboratories, Home Health Agencies, Nursing Homes, Point-of-care Settings, and Self-testing)
5. Molecular Diagnostics Market, by Region:
- North America
- Rest of the World (RoW)
- Latin America
- Pacific Countries
- Middle East & Africa
- Abbott Laboratories
- Beckman Coulter Inc. (Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Danaher Corporation)
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Biomérieux Sa
- Cepheid Inc.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Qiagen N.V.
- Roche Diagnostics
- Siemens Healthcare
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/crvk6d/molecular
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets