LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Panasonic is proud to introduce the DMC-SZ8, a new digital compact camera with a 12x optical zoom and Wi-Fi® connectivity.
The versatile 24mm ultra wide angle lens with a powerful 12x optical zoom (equivalent to 24mm to 288mm on a 35mm camera) features the Intelligent Zoom function, making it possible to extend the zoom up to 24x by combining digital zoom with less deterioration of image quality. The Optical Image Stabilizer can effectively suppress hand movement which tends to occur when shooting with a long zoom.
The image processing by the 16-megapixel CCD sensor and the Venus Engine excels not only in picture quality but also in its processing speed. It enables 1280 x 720 HD video* recording and high speed photo shooting in addition to the quick response which is available throughout the operation.
With the Wi-Fi® connectivity, users can connect the camera directly to their smartphone/tablet without a need of cabling or searching for a Wi-Fi® hotspot. In addition, users can utilize smartphone/tablet for a secondary monitor of the camera that enables setting focus, zooming or releasing the shutter remotely from the camera. With the Instant Transfer function, photos are automatically sent to the designated electronic devices such as smartphones/tablets right after shooting.
A variety of special effects that add fun to the shooting experience are integrated in DMC-SZ8 – Creative Control, Creative Retouch and Creative Panorama. For beginners, LUMIX's popular shooting assist function, iA (Intelligent Auto) mode, is also able to help shooting beautiful still / video without errors.
With a motion picture button, the 720p HD video recording can be started instantly. The iA (Intelligent Auto) mode lets users leave everything to the camera to take beautiful images with its Optical Image Stabilizer, Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector, Intelligent Exposure and Face Detection. Once you enter the iA mode, these multi-capable functions run automatically, so that you can shoot without adjusting settings every time conditions change. The DMC-SZ8 also comes with Panorama Shot to enhance the fun and convenience of photography.
3-inch 460K-dot Intelligent LCD, iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, HDR(
The SZ8 will be available on shop.panasonic.com and at select retailers.
Notice for Motion Picture Recording:
- Use a card with SD Speed Class* with "Class 6" or higher when recording motion pictures.
* SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.
- Motion pictures can be recorded continuously up to 2 GB. The maximum available recording time for up to 2 GB only is displayed on the screen.
- This unit is compatible with both SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards. You can only use SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards on devices that are compatible with them. You cannot use SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards on devices that are only compatible with SD Memory Cards. (When using an SDHC/SDXC Memory Card on another device, be sure to read the operating instructions for that device.)
- SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats.
- If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the below support site. http://panasonic.net/avc/sdcard/information/SDXC.html
- Some accessories are not available in some countries.
- The use of recorded or printed materials that are protected by copyright for any purpose other than personal enjoyment is prohibited, as it would infringe upon the rights of the copyright holder.
- Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
About Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company
Based in Newark, NJ, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation. The company offers a wide range of consumer solutions in the
To learn more about our products, visit www.shop.panasonic.com. Follow Panasonic on Twitter @panasonicUSA; additional company information for journalists is also available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.