NASHVILLE, Tenn., Aug. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Supporters of The Elephant Sanctuary will present The Night of The Elephant, taking place at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, Nashville, Tenn., on Saturday, Oct. 26. This one-time-only event will be an exciting fund raiser to support the mission of The Elephant Sanctuary, located in Hohenwald, Tenn.
The Night of The Elephant will be a black tie cocktail reception, an auction with unique lots and electronic interactive bidding, formal dinner with assigned seating, introduction of honorees and live entertainment (celebrity entertainment yet to be announced). The Trunks Up Party will be operating simultaneously with DJ and dancing, heavy hors d'oeuvres and cocktails for the younger crowd.
This unique event is chaired by Patsy Weigel, and co-chaired by Deby Pitts, Carla Nelson and Dancey Sanders. They are supported by many wonderful people on the event committees who care about helping The Elephant Sanctuary and they are affectionately referred to as "The Herd." The event will be designed by Amos Gott of AmosEvents.
The Trumpeter Award, given to long time supporters of The Sanctuary, will be given to Connie Bradley of Nashville's ASCAP and Dawn Wells of Gilligan's Island fame.
An international committee for the event has been formed and includes such luminaries as Georgette Mosbacher, CEO of Borghese; John Kay, founder of Steppenwolf; Paige Rense, former editor of Architectural Digest; and other notables.
The Elephant Sanctuary was founded in 1995 and is the nation's largest natural habitat refuge developed specifically for African and Asian elephants and operates on 2,700 acres.
Additional The Night of The Elephant-related events include:
- "The Herding" Kickoff Party: August 16
- Trumpeting: These announcement parties will be held in August at locations around the state including Knoxville, Chattanooga and Memphis to herald this one-time event in the spirit of the elephants.
- Her Trunk Show: First week of October
- His Trunk Show: First week of October
- Patron Party: October 17, at the home of Deborah and Keith Pitts
The Elephant Sanctuary is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. For more information about The Elephant Sanctuary, please go to elephants.com
For information about The Night of The Elephant, please visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/TheNightOfTheElephant
- Amy Atkinson, @aaauva or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashley Henry, 615.584.3294, email@example.com
- Laura Roberts, 615.414.6580, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE The Night of The Elephant