LONDON, Jan. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The Oncolytic Virus Landscape 2017: an analysis of pipeline,stakeholders, deals, industry trends & opportunities
The field of oncolytic viruses wasquite dormant in the first decade of the 2000s, characterized by slow clinicalprogress due to hypercautiousness and low, albeit steady, investments. Thetakeover of BioVex by Amgen in late 2011, worth up to US$ 1 bln, has woken upthe field and became a game changer together with the 2015 approval of thefirst oncolytic virus Imlygic developed by BioVex in regulated markets. Inaddition, it was increasingly recognized that oncolytic viruses not only wereable to directly lyse cancer cells, but they also „freed" tumor specificneoantigens, indirectly acting as a cancer vaccine.
However, the efficacy ofoncolytic viruses still was modest, but can be improved when combined withimmune checkpoint inhibitors. This lead to an increased partnering interest ofthe major immuno-oncology (I-O) players, but also of investors who view oncolyticviruses as a must be for I-O combination regimens. As a consequence, total ventureequity and private investments into oncolytic virus companies in 2016 wasnearly 17-fold higher than in the year 2010.
Optimization of oncolytic virusesis ongoing and new constructs intend to solve some of the open problemsregarding the way of administration (intratumoral vs systemic), higher cancercell specific replication capacity, and longer persistence in vivo. Based onexperience with several virus families over the last decades, a few virus familiescristallized as well suitable backbones to carry more and more transgenes toexpress proteins or even single chain antibodies. This would position oncolyticviruses as independent therapeutics and could compete with immuno-oncologycompounds and cancer vaccines.
This report „The Oncolytic Virus Landscape 2017: an analysis of pipeline,stakeholders, deals, industry trends & opportunities" as of January2017 brings you up-to-date regarding key players, key technologies, OncolyticVirus projects, business deals and private and public financing rounds. Thereport analyzes the Oncolytic Virus pipeline and stakeholders in the field,especially among Big Pharma/Biotech and technology companies. The reporthighlights the value of oncolytic viruses in terms of partnering terms andconditions, venture and private financing and (initial) public offerings.
This report has been built in abottom-up way by desktop search to identify and describe company, product,technology and business/financing profiles which then were evaluated andanalyzed with a final outlook describing perspectives with challenges andopportunities.
What will you find in thereport?
- Selection of oncolytic virus strains
- Design & construction of engineered oncolytic viruses
- Herpes simplex virus (HSV) family
- Adenovirus-based oncolytic viruses
- Oncolytic Vaccinia Viruses, Vesicular Stomatitis Viruses, Newcastle Disease Viruses & Others
- Profiles of 45 oncolytic viruses in development and on the market;
- Analysis of the pipeline of oncolytic viruses
- Comparison of clinical development paths
- Combination trials of oncolytic viruses with immune checkpoint inhibitors
- Combination with other anticancer therapeutics
- Armed oncolytic viruses
- Tumor indication of oncolytic viruses under study
- Way of administration of oncolytic viruses in clinical studies
- Profiles of 45 companies active in the field of oncolytic viruses
- Pharma & Biotech vs four generations of oncolytic virus companies
- Stakeholder analysis within each peer group
- Sources of oncolytic virus technologies
- Sources of non-dilutive financing including partnering deals
- Analysis of venture and private equity financing rounds
- Listing on stock exchange for access to capital
- Mergers and acquisition in the field
- Trends in the further research and development of oncolytic viruses
Who will benefit from the report?
- Venture capital, private equity and investment managers;
- Financial analysts;
- Business development and licensing (BDL) specialists;
- Marketing managers;
- CEO, COO and managing directors;
- Corporate strategy, product and portfolio analysts and managers;
- Chief Technology Officer;
- Cell technology and manufacturing specialists;
- Clinical and preclinical development specialists.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4659053/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-oncolytic-virus-landscape-2017-an-analysis-of-pipeline-stakeholders-deals-industry-trends--opportunities-300399169.html