The Overlooked Vulnerability: BYOD Adoption Tests Enterprise Network Security Frost & Sullivan hosts complimentary analyst briefing evaluating secure mobile strategies to minimize risk and improve productivity
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Aug. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
11:00 a.m. EDT on Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2013
Online webinar, with complimentary registration
Frost & Sullivan Information and Communication Technologies Industry Analyst Chris Rodriguez
With the explosive growth in smartphone sales in recent years, employees in every global industry increasingly utilize their personal devices for work purposes in today's connected world. Leveraging personal devices for work purposes, a practice termed bring your own device (BYOD), holds much potential to empower employee productivity. However, mobile devices are progressively targeted by hackers, leaving compromised devices as potential entry points into enterprise networks containing sensitive and proprietary business information. This briefing will discuss the criticality of this threat and compare various solutions to the BYOD security challenge.
Insight to gain from this webinar:
- Emerging risks associated with BYOD practices
- Available mobile security solutions and the potential for convergence
- Best practices in mobile security
This presentation will focus on key trends in mobile endpoint security. The complimentary webinar will benefit security software vendors, enterprise IT organizations, value-added resellers, security professionals, and consumers of smartphones and tablets.
"Enterprise IT organizations now face tremendous pressure to enable employees to access the corporate network and files from their own personal devices," said Frost & Sullivan Industry Analyst Chris Rodriguez. "Considering their seemingly omnipresent nature, fast data connections, and powerful hardware and operating systems, these devices represent prime targets for hackers. Enterprise organizations know they must take action, but are challenged to find a balance between usability, accessibility and security."
- To attend the briefing, email firstname.lastname@example.org your full name, job title, company name, company telephone number, company email address and Web site, city, state and country.
- Receive a recorded version of the briefing anytime by submitting the aforementioned contact details.
For more information about Frost & Sullivan's Information and Communication Technologies practice, please visit: http://www.networksecurity.frost.com
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Frost & Sullivan
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan