NEW YORK, June 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Our attorneys at The Perecman Firm work tirelessly to fight for the rights of our clients, and we are excited to announce that through our efforts, we have secured nine of the top verdicts and settlements in New York in 2016.
Every year, the New York Law Journal releases a special section covering the top verdicts, settlements, mediations, arbitrations and decisions of the previous year. This section highlights the verdicts and settlements in excess of $100,000, and breaks them down into separate categories ranked by gross award without reflecting any of the reductions or whether or not the case was appealed.
- MANUEL B. v. CITY OF NEW YORK, NEW YORK CITY HOUSING AUTHORITY, M.A. ANGELIDES, INC., HUDSON MERIDIAN CONSTRUCTION GROUP, L.L.C. and STONEWALL CONTRACTING CORP.
- Result: $11.89 million
- No. 12 – Verdict, No. 2 Worker/Workplace Negligence
- PAUL DARCY v. SL GREEN REALTY CORP., 673 FIRST AVENUE ASSOCIATES L.P., 673 FIRST ASSOCIATES, L.P., BARR & BARR, INC. and NYU HOSPITALS CENTER
- Result: $4.59 million
- MARIA DE LOURDES TORRES v. THE NEW YORK CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT, IRMA SANTIAGO, DENITOR GUERRA, ERIK HENDRIKS, "JOHN" VILLARDI, first name being fictitious and unknown and DANIEL COREY
- Result: $4 million
- TONI-LYN AMBROSINO, as Administrator of the Estate of JOHN P. SULLIVAN v. THE PORT AUTHORITY OF NEW YORK AND NEW JERSEY, TISHMAN CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION OF NEW YORK and TISHMAN CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION
- Result: $3.2 million
- VANESSA FONTAINE, as Administratrix of the Estate of Avonte Oquendo, Deceased, and VANESSA FONTAINE, Individually v. THE CITY OF NEW YORK, THE NEW YORK CITY DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, THE NEW YORK CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT SCHOOL SAFETY DIVISION, BERNADETTE PEREZ, SUSAN McNULTY, ANGELA POMO, JILL DIZEO, MITCHELL GLOVER, JOSEPH DOOLEY, SYDE SMALLS, JULIE MURRAY and EDGAR RODRIGUEZ
- Result: $2.7 million
- THOMAS THOMA and DENISE THOMA v. THE PORT AUTHORITY OF NEW YORK and NEW JERSEY, TISHMAN CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION OF NEW YORK and TISHMAN CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION
- Result: $2.15 million
- MICHELLE BROWN v. JOHNNY ROBERT HARTLEY, URS MIDWEST INC.
- Result: $1.56 million
- DARIUSZ BUGNACKI v. 31 EAST 72ND STREET CORP.
- Result: $1 million
- ORFEUSZ M. JERDONEK v. 41 WEST 72 LLC, PROPERTY MARKETS GROUP, INC., DOMINION PROPERTY GROUP LLC, THE BOARD OF MANAGERS OF THE HERMITAGE CONDOMINIUM, AS AGENTS OF ALL UNIT OWNERS AND BAR CONSTRUCTION CORP.
- Result: $850,000
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. is a personal injury law firm based out of New York, NY, and has successfully secured over $350 million in verdicts and settlements over more than 30 years. The firm provides the skilled, knowledgeable, and compassionate representation their clients deserve, handling more cases in a single year than many law firms handle throughout their entire careers. To contact The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., call us at (212) 577-9325, or visit our website at https://www.perecman.com/.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-perecman-firm-secures-nine-of-the-top-verdicts-and-settlements-in-ny-in-2016-300479672.html
SOURCE The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C.