The Power of Pink: A Clinic for a Cause and More
STATE COLLEGE, Pa., Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The gymnasium was filled with the smiles, aspirations, and enthusiasm of more than 70 young aspiring student athletes—all girls' basketball players of elementary and middle school age—enjoying what is perhaps a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spend an afternoon dribbling, drilling, learning, and just hanging out with a great group of role models, players from a highly esteemed, major college basketball program.
That was the scene on Saturday at Penn State's Bryce Jordan Center, with the Penn State Lady Lions hosting the Second Annual Power of Pink Basketball Clinic, sponsored by Kish Bank, for girls from the Bank's Central Pennsylvania market area of Centre, Huntingdon and Mifflin Counties.
Beyond being a unique opportunity for the development and inspiration of the young girls, the event also contributed to a great cause. The clinic was a component of Kish Bank's efforts to support Penn State's involvement with The Pink Zone, a program of the Women's College Basketball Association (WCBA) that raises funds for breast cancer research and benefits associated programs at the Mount Nittany Medical Center, Lewistown Hospital, and J.C. Blair Hospital.
"This is our second year as a major sponsor of The Pink Zone at Penn State," said William P. Hayes, President, Kish Bank. "For Kish, sponsoring and helping to organize the clinic is the highlight because it enables us to give back to the community in several important ways—giving student athletes from the area a chance to experience some mentoring from accomplished Penn State players, while also cheering on the Lady Lions and their effort to help the fight against breast cancer continue to move ahead."
Other components of Kish Bank's 2013 Power of Pink program include:
- Outreach to all Kish Bank banking, insurance, travel and investment services customers, and to the community at large, encouraging contributions to the Pink Zone
- The "Pinking Out of Kish," where Kish offices are decorated featuring pink décor elements, pink exterior lighting, and signage
- Pink "Buck Slips" distributed with each transaction at Kish Bank branches, promoting the Pink Zone program
- Awarding a pink basketball signed by Lady Lions players, along with luxury-box game tickets to the Pink Zone Game to two lucky winners who entered the competition to win the basketball
- Providing a $1,000 Kish Travel voucher to the Pink Zone's auction of a trip for two to Tuscany, Italy, supporting air transportation costs for the trip
"The financial value that these efforts will contribute to The Pink Zone is certainly important," Hayes said. "But I think it's also gratifying for everyone involved to see the good things that happen when you bring the great people and organizations of our community together, working as an extended team for a cause that matters to all of us."
About Kish Bancorp
Kish Bancorp, Inc. is a diversified financial services corporation headquartered in Belleville, Pennsylvania. Kish Bank, a subsidiary of Kish Bancorp, Inc., operates thirteen offices in Centre, Huntingdon and Mifflin Counties. Business lines include: Kish Bank, Kish Insurance, Kish Financial Solutions, and Kish Travel. For additional information, please visit Kish Bancorp, Inc. online at www.kishbank.com.
William P. Hayes
President & CEO, Kish Bank
SOURCE Kish Bank
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.