BLOOMINGTON, Minn., March 2, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Grab your purple gear and walking shoes for the 2nd Annual Purple Day®Walk for Epilepsy & The BrainGames. Held at Mall of America, the signature event is one of hundreds hosted across the country in celebration of Purple Day®- World Epilepsy Day™, the largest international epilepsy awareness day in the world.
After the walk, let the brain games begin in the MOA™ Rotunda! Local and national organizations will host creative and educational brain games. In celebration of our little heroes and their families, we'll dance and celebrate to live music, enjoy local artists and magicians, and pose on a purple carpet.
WHAT: The 2nd Annual Purple Day Walk for Epilepsy & The Brain Games
- Purple Day® Founder 17-year-old Cassidy Megan will lead our walkers!
- This important awareness event is generously sponsored by Lundbeck, Upsher-Smith Laboratories Inc., Eisai Pharmaceutical Company, Supernus Pharmaceuticals, GW Pharmaceuticals, LivaNova and Mall of America®.
WHERE: Inside Mall of America®
- Registration is on Level 1, East Entrance
- Parking is in the East Parking Ramp
- Walkers will participate in a 30-minute walk around Mall of America before joining back in the Rotunda for remarks by Purple Day Founder Cassidy, followed by the Brain Games
- To register, visit purpledaywalk.org. Registered walkers will each receive a jam-packed gift bag and t-shirts for adults with hero capes for the children.
- One-in-four children and their families who live with a neurologic disorder
- Anyone with a brain can have a seizure
WHEN: Saturday, March 19, 2016
8:00 a.m. Registration Opens, Level 1, East Entrance
9:00 a.m. Walk officially begins in the Rotunda
9:30- 11:30 a.m. Brain Games with Walk Sponsors, Local advocacy groups and MOA Retailers
11:30-Noon: Closing celebration with The Bazillions!
About the Anita Kaufmann Foundation
The Anita Kaufmann Foundation (AKF) is a public charity. Our mission is to educate the public not to fear people with epilepsy, seizures or brain trauma. Our programs are designed to eliminate stigma and increase awareness. AKF is the global sponsor of Purple Day®- World Epilepsy Day™, the largest grassroots epilepsy awareness initiative in the world.
About Mall of America®
Mall of America is the largest retail and entertainment complex in North America. At 5.6 million square feet, MOA is home to more than 520 world-class shops.
Video - http://youtu.be/_Gy3g-fSHkc
SOURCE The Anita Kaufmann Foundation