The Real 'Tea Party' Brings Its Platform to Philly, Sept. 9 - 10, For World Tea East World Tea Expo Organizers Serve Up More of Their Specialty Tea Agenda with the Launch of World Tea East, Featuring Best New Products, Tea Tastings and Educational Opportunities
LAS VEGAS, Aug. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The producers of the renowned World Tea Expo, the real "tea party," are bringing their platform --- the best the specialty tea industry has to offer --- to Philadelphia for World Tea East, Sept. 9 – 10 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. This new event features 100 innovative manufacturers and suppliers, best new tea products, expert-led educational sessions, focused tea tastings, pairing workshops and other special events for tea professionals, food and beverage manufacturers and decision makers in related industries.
The expo also presents the unique "Reflections in Tea" interactive art exhibit, which will benefit victims of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami in Japan, a major tea-growing and tea-consuming region. In addition, World Tea East debuts the Cha Jing Lifetime Achievement Award, which will be presented to distinguished tea leader John Harney, founder of Harney & Sons Fine Teas, for his significant contributions to the industry.
Kim Jage, executive vice president of World Tea Media, organizer of the event, said, "World Tea East is not only about specialty tea and the latest trends, it's about providing professionals the tools needed to drive business and increase sales in tea and related products. There are untapped opportunities for retailers, tea and coffeehouse owners, hoteliers, restaurants, spas, grocers and innkeepers, to profit from this growing category. Attending East and the educational conference arms professionals with the business development knowledge they need to succeed with tea."
According to Jage, the objective of the exposition is to support and fuel the expanding demand for specialty tea and related products in the Northeast, mid-Atlantic and Southeast United States, and to provide solid tea education for the category's ever-growing popularity.
Reflections in Tea
One noteworthy happening at World Tea East is an interactive art exhibit, called "Reflections in Tea." Groundbreaking artist Michele Brody, in partnership with World Tea East, offer this one-of-a-kind, hands-on art exhibit, which will provide both hope and financial support to the tea-growing country of Japan. The art exhibit includes the temporary installation of a tea house constructed out of copper pipes with walls of tea-stained tea sacs. Delegates of World Tea East have the opportunity to write a message of hope or prayer on the tea sacs, as a way to offer encouragement to the families and individuals who suffered during the disasters in Japan. Attendees can make a voluntary contribution for each stained tea bag that they transcribe, and proceeds will be donated to the Japanese Red Cross. At the conclusion of the show, the tea bags will be transformed into a "Wishing Quilt," which will be sent as a gift to the residents of the Fukushima Prefecture.
World Tea East Highlights
World Tea East also provides professionals with numerous opportunities to discover new tea products, optimize merchandise, gain product knowledge and network with peers in an intimate setting. The conference is expected to bring in a high-level audience of buyers and decision makers.
Additional highlights include:
- New and leading-edge exhibitors of tea and related products – The exposition is set to deliver tea favorites like International Tea Importers, Teas Etc., Sungarden Teas and Rishi Tea, along with newcomers, including Best International Tea, British Delights, Custom Co-Pack, Revolution Tea, SerendipiTea, Teazzers, Tiesta Tea, Tracy Stern SalonTea and Woodford Wicks.
- Best new products – World Tea East also features the latest tea products, such as: the finum Traveler ZITA, Riensch & Held's newest and most impressive tea ware for on-the-go; and AIYA America's Matcha Zen Café Blend in single-serving packets for delicious Matcha smoothies and lattes at home, among many other exciting teas and wares.
- Expert-led educational sessions – Presentations include: Top Tea Retail Trends; How to Conduct a Successful Tea Tasting; Tea 201: Finding Profitability; Food Service Market Trends; Building Tea Community the Easy Way; Fair Trade Certification Alternatives for Tea & Herbs; Unusual Herbal Teas; Using Protocol and Etiquette to Increase Sales & Traffic; and the History of Tea in America, among other topics.
- Focused tea tastings – World Tea East tea-tasting sessions include type-specific teas, including the newest in Black, Unusual Herbal Teas, Blended/Flavored Teas, Oolongs, Puers and African Teas.
- Workshops – Unique workshops include "There's a Flower in My Soup: All About Edible Flowers" and "Tea and Cocktails – Flavor Fusion."
- World Origin Tasting Tour – This event stops at six different countries of origin, where attendees explore the country's tea culture, look at unique manufacturing processes and taste six to eight teas that are authentic to each origin, providing delegates a solid understanding of the flavors and profiles of each.
- North American Tea Championship Winners' Tasting Circle – This experience offers attendees the opportunity to sample winning teas, meet the suppliers and judge for themselves which teas are the best in each category.
Cha Jing Lifetime Achievement Award
World Tea Media is also planning to introduce its Cha Jing Lifetime Achievement Award at World Tea East. The Award recognizes and celebrates individuals who have made considerable contributions to the growth, innovation and education of the specialty tea industry throughout their lifetime. This year, John Harney, founder, Harney & Sons Fine Teas, is the recipient of the award. Widely respected by his peers and a role model for many, Harney has made a significant impact on the specialty tea industry through innovation, mentoring and service. Attendees may congratulate Harney, who will be honored during World Tea East's Networking Reception, Friday, Sept. 9, from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. in the Philadelphia Marriott Ballroom.
For more information on attending, exhibiting or sponsoring, visit www.WorldTeaEast.com or call the expo's customer service line at 702-253-1893.
About World Tea Media
World Tea Media is an integrated media company, dedicated to providing business solutions to the global tea industry. Events include the annual World Tea Expo (www.WorldTeaExpo.com) in Las Vegas, Nev., and World Tea East (www.WorldTeaEast.com), Sept. 9 -10, 2011, in Philadelphia, Penn. World Tea Media also produces the North American Tea Championship (www.TeaChampionship.com), which evaluates the top teas in North America, and World Tea News (www.WorldTeaNews.com), the premier news portal for the tea industry. Visit www.WorldTeaMedia.com.
SOURCE World Tea Media