SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 1, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The RealReal, the leader in authenticated luxury consignment, today launched its 2nd annual 7 Days of Giving campaign. Beginning today through December 7, the company is donating proceeds of sales each day to one of its 7 days of Giving charities, supporting a variety of meaningful causes across the country, including poverty, wildlife protection, art therapy, life-threatening diseases, international social services, and more.
"The RealReal has always been dedicated to supporting philanthropic endeavors, so for us to establish a formal program like 7 Days of Giving is a huge honor for the company and for me personally," said The RealReal CEO and Founder Julie Wainwright. "It allows us to not only donate to new and established charities in need but to also help shed a light on their cause to our vast member-base in hopes that other people will join in their mission. We're thrilled about our lineup of charities this year and can't wait to see this program evolve and continue for many years to come."
The 2015 charities include:
- December 1 - Baby2Baby - Provides low-income children, ages 0-2, with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves.
- December 2 - Friends of Fondation de France - Helps American individuals, foundations and corporations donate to French charities active in social services, education, health and medical research, culture, sciences and the environment
- December 3 - DrawBridge - Provides art programs for homeless and other vulnerable children in an environment that fosters their sense of joy, creativity and exuberance.
- December 4 - Each One Counts - The first charitable organization in the US devoted entirely to supplementing pain management therapies for children with terminal illness.
- December 5 - Project Glimmer - Inspires at-risk teenage girls and women to believe in themselves by letting them know their community cares.
- December 6 - St Jude Hospital - Leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
- December 7 - WildAid - Mission is to end the illegal wildlife trade in our lifetimes.
About The RealReal
The RealReal is the leader in authenticated luxury consignment providing the largest selection of authenticated luxury items including men's and women's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, and fine art & home. Consignors earn 60-70% of the sale price and items sell quickly. Its free in-home pickup service is available in 20+ major cities across the US. The recently opened fine jewelry & watch valuation office in New York City offers people free valuations on their pieces from the company's professional gemologists. To learn more about The RealReal, visitwww.therealreal.com.
SOURCE The RealReal