The September Hong Kong Jewellery & Gem Fair Off to a Dynamic Start
The world's number one fine jewellery event
HONG KONG, Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The mega show highly anticipated by the world's jewellery trade - the September Hong Kong Jewellery & Gem Fair, organised by UBM Asia Ltd (www.ubmasia.com), kicks off today at AsiaWorld-Expo (AWE) and will run until Sunday, 23 September. Exhibitors of diamonds, pearls, coloured gemstones, and equipment and packaging products are the core attractions at this venue, while the fine finished jewellery exhibitors will have their turn when the Fair at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) opens on Friday, 21 September.
The Fair takes another stride forward on its 30th edition with the highest number of participating exhibitors ever. More than 3,520 exhibitors from 48 countries and regions will showcase different categories of products, from fine finished jewellery to polished diamonds and gemstones, as well as all varieties of pearls, jade and jadeite, jewellery timepieces, jewellery packaging and display materials, and jewellery-making equipment, tools and machinery. This further strengthens the Fair's position as the world's number one jewellery fair. Fair organiser UBM Asia Ltd expects more than 51,000 buyers from around the world to create busy traffic in the two venues' exhibition space totalling about 130,000 square metres.
"The jewellery exhibition industry is very competitive. To lead the industry, continual improvement and innovation are indispensable, which is why at this edition we are celebrating our two new industry initiatives - the IU Awards that we piloted with the International Colored Gemstone Association - and the JNA Awards," said Celine Lau , Director of Jewellery Fairs for UBM Asia.
She continued: "The 30th anniversary of the Fair is an important milestone that could only have been achieved with our accumulated experience and professionalism plus great support from the industry. The September Fair provides a timely opportunity for global jewellers to source the latest products for the subsequent year. This single event, infused each year with a vibrant business atmosphere, provides the greatest product range for buyers worldwide. We also know for a fact that it is at this fair that exhibitors from around the world make serious money. As organiser, we do everything possible to create more business opportunities for all participants in our fairs."
Ingredients that make the September Fair the world's leading jewellery fair
- The largest diamond pavilion in the world with over 400 diamond companies, including the Antwerp World Diamond Centre, the Israel Diamond Institute, exhibitors from the United States and the Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council of India
- The largest Thailand pavilion with 383 Thai companies from the gemstone trading hub and the leading producers of jewellery
- Strong participation of 22 group pavilions including Poland, Antwerp, Brazil, Mainland China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United States, and the International Colored Gemstone Association (ICA)
- The largest showcase of Hong Kong jewellery by over 1,380 companies from this jewellery centre
- Fine Gem Pavilion featuring over 50 esteemed international exhibitors with the world's finest loose diamonds, pearls and gemstones
- Fine Design Pavilion showcasing the world's finest jewellery by over 70 internationally renowned jewellery companies
- Hong Kong Premier Pavilion where 40 Hong Kong's finest homegrown jewellery brands show what Hong Kong has to offer to the world's luxury markets
- International Premier Pavilion for cutting-edge designs by 67 exhibitors from 19 countries and regions, namely, Australia, Mainland China, France, Germany, Greece, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Macau, Philippines, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, the UK, the United Arab Emirates and the USA
- Designer's Avenue, the launching pad for designers to show their original creations
- Jadeite Gallery, a dedicated area for collectors to look for flawless and perfect grade A jadeite products
- Silver Jewellery Pavilion and International Fine Jewellery, Antique & Vintage Jewellery
Exciting special events
The press conference for the Fair will be held on 21 September from 11:00am to 12:00noon in Meeting Rooms S226-227 of the HKCEC. The chairmen of six jewellery associations will share their views on developments in the jewellery trade, while the Senior Vice President of UBM Asia will announce the latest developments in UBM's jewellery fairs business in global markets.
1) AWE Welcome Reception - Organised by UBM Asia and co-organised by the Israel Diamond Institute (IDI), the Fair Reception will be held on 19 September from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at the ARENA KITCHEN at AWE.
2) HKCEC Welcome Reception - Another reception will be held on 21 September from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at the Grand Foyer of HKCEC to celebrate the 30th edition of the Fair. The Fair organiser will present loyalty awards to exhibitors who have participated in the Fair's 30 editions.
At the reception, winners in the inaugural IU Awards - the world's first international gem-cutting and jewellery design competition - will be awarded their prizes. The winning entries and the finalists will take centre stage in a jewellery parade.
Two world-renowned pearl auctions, the Robert Wan Tahiti Perles Auction and the Paspaley South Sea Pearl Auction, will be held from 17 to 18 September and from 24 to 26 September, respectively, at HKCEC. Admission is by invitation only.
Seminars and other special events
A number of seminars and special events discussing a wide range of industry issues will be hosted by leading international jewellery organisations and companies. Hosts include:
- The Gemmological Association of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Jewelry Manufacturers' Association
- International Colored Gemstones Association (ICA)
- Gemological Institute of America (GIA)
- The Diamond Trading Company (DTC)
- Rapaport Diamond Report
- SWAROVSKI GEMS
- The Gem & Jewelry Institute of Thailand (Public Organisation)
- Gubelin Gem Lab Ltd
- GRS Lab (HK) Ltd
During the Fair, there will be special display of jewellery pieces organised by local and international trade associations, including:
- Display of IU Awards final entries by UBM Asia Ltd and the International Colored Gemstones Association
- Buyers' Favourite Jewelry Design Competition 2012 - Display of Final Entries by the Hong Kong Jewelry Manufacturers' Association
- Presence of Japanese Jewellery - Techniques, Design and Quality by the Japan Jewellery Association
For more information about the September Fair, please visit www.JewelleryNetAsia.com.
- The Hong Kong Jewellers' and Goldsmiths' Association
- The Hong Kong Jewellery & Jade Manufacturers Association
- Hong Kong Jewelry Manufacturers' Association
- Diamond Federation of Hong Kong, China
- Hong Kong Gemstone Manufacturers' Association
- Hong Kong Pearl Association
- The Gemmological Association of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Gold & Silver Ornament Workers & Merchants General Union
- The Kowloon Pearls, Precious Stones , Jade, Gold and Silver Ornament Merchants Association
- Gemological Institute of America
- Antwerp World Diamond Center, Belgium
Notes to Editors
1. About UBM Asia (www.ubmasia.com)
Owned by UBM plc listed on the London Stock Exchange, UBM Asia operates in 19 market sectors with headquarters in Hong Kong and subsidiary companies across Asia, including UBM China in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Guangzhou and Beijing. We have over 240 products including trade fairs, conferences, trade publications, B2B/B2C portals and virtual event services. As Asia's leading exhibition organiser and the biggest commercial organiser in China, India and Malaysia, we stage the leading events of their kind across the region. Our 200 events, 24 publications and 16 vertical portals serve over 1,000,000 quality exhibitors, visitors, conference delegates, advertisers and subscribers from all over the world with high value face-to-face business-matching events, quality and instant market news and industry trends, and round-the-clock online trading networks and sourcing platforms. We have over 1,100 staff in 21 major cities across Asia, stretching from Japan to Turkey.
2. About UBM plc (www.ubm.com)
UBM plc is a leading global company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,500 staff in 40 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For press enquiries, please contact:
Jennifer Law , Director of Corporate Marketing & Communications, UBM Asia
Elsie Hui , Corporate Marketing & Communications Executive, UBM Asia
SOURCE UBM Asia
More by this Source
Singapore Jewellery & Gem Fair Sets to Shine as Southeast Asia's Fine Jewellery Event
May 14, 2013, 09:00 ET
UBM Asia Supports Tree Planting Challenge 2013 and Plants 150 Seedlings
Apr 29, 2013, 21:53 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.