WOODBRIDGE, Va., Nov. 9, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- On schedule to become the world's first full-service car wash with US Green Building Council's LEED Certification, The Smart Car Wash at 13589 Minnieville Road near the Smoketown Shopping Plaza in Woodbridge, VA, will hold two news events this week to celebrate its official opening.
Besides creating double-digit new jobs in Prince William County, The Smart Car Wash is the most advanced, eco-friendly car wash in the nation and has already been featured in media all over the USA for its focus on both precision car care and commitment to preserving the environment.
NOVEMBER 11, 2010 (Veteran's Day)
The Smart Car Wash shifts its focus from Green to Red, White and Blue. This Veterans' Day, The Smart Car Wash will provide FREE XPress Exterior Plus car washes for active duty military and vets, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. In addition to the "eco" angle, it is a good opportunity to show how some local businesses are paying tribute to vets on Veteran's Day. The Dunkin Donuts located next to the car wash is offering free coffee to vets.
- Kirk McEwen & Mike O'Meara, from 105.9 FM/The Edge's Morning Show will appear at The Smart Car Wash from noon to 2 p.m. on November 11th. Listeners to the program throughout the week could win a $100 gift card or an Unlimited Monthly Wash Pass that includes 3 months of unlimited platinum full services washes.
NOVEMBER 12, 2010
Official Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, 11 am to 12 pm, 13589 Minnieville Road, Woodbridge, VA 22192. There will be a brief walking tour of the facility to highlight the eco-friendly building and equipment features. Site offers a number of visual/photo opportunities. Supervisor John Jenkins, Prince William County NEABSCO District, and representatives from Congressman Gerry Connolly's office, and the Chamber of Commerce, will make brief remarks.
- The Smart Car Wash has set in motion a new generation of eco-friendly car wash receiving global attention. Delivering quality auto cleaning at affordable prices, the Smart Car Wash provides both Green and Good Value.
- Since its groundbreaking ceremonies in December 2009, The Smart Car Wash has been discussed in more than 700 articles in print and online, including its profile as a Trendsetter in WashTrends Magazine and the cover story in Professional Car Wash & Detail Magazine. It has even been lauded in the Congressional Record!
- The Smart Car Wash will make global history as the first full-service car wash to achieve LEED certification status from the US Green Building Council. While many in the car wash industry have added "green" features to their facilities, this is the first full-service wash designed from the onset for sustainability.
- Nearly 30 percent of The Smart Car Wash was built using recycled materials, and 50% of the materials were sourced locally to reduce pollution during transportation. Part of its energy-efficient design includes the utilization of natural light with the help of skylights and big windows. The car-washing equipment also uses air compressors instead of the conventional hydraulic devices which is more energy efficient and eliminates the possibility of hydraulic fluid spillage.
- The building's roof is slanted inward to allow rainwater to be collected, and used, for future car washes. The facility also reclaims and reuses more than 90 percent of used car wash water. The used water goes through an innovative US Navy-designed water pump that purifies the water for reuse through a process called reverse osmosis. It is the same equipment used on U.S. submarines.
- Most of its equipment uses Veriable Frequency Drive (VFD) technology to reduce power consumption by 50%. VFD devices have been successfully used globally. Carwash chemicals that are bio-friendly are used at The Smart Car Wash.
- The Smart Car Wash's equipment uses 100 gallons of water less than the average person uses when they wash their car in their driveway. These water conservation efforts are not only eco-friendly, they allow them to keep service costs low.
For more information on the Smart Car Wash:
Visit our Website: www.thesmartcarwash.com
Or join us on Facebook
SOURCE The Smart Car Wash