Amid growing demands for mobile broadband connectivity, mobile operators are keen to capitalize on SON to minimize rollout delays and operational expenditures associated with their ongoing LTE and small cell deployments.
Originally targeted for the RAN (Radio Access Network) segment of mobile networks, SON technology is now also utilized in the mobile core and transport network segments. In addition, Wi-Fi access point OEMs are beginning to integrate SON features such as plug-and-play deployment, autonomous performance optimization, self-healing and proactive defense against unauthorized access.
Despite challenges relating to implementation complexities and multi-vendor interoperability, SON revenue is expected to grow to more than $5 Billion by the end of 2020, exceeding conventional mobile network optimization revenue by a significant margin. Furthermore, the SON ecosystem is increasingly witnessing convergence with other technological innovations such as Big Data, predictive analytics and DPI (Deep Packet Inspection).
Get free research PDF for more Professional and Technical insights:
The "SON (Self-Organizing Networks) Ecosystem: 2016 - 2030 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts" report presents an in-depth assessment of the SON and associated mobile network optimization ecosystem including key market drivers, challenges, OpEx and CapEx savings potential, use cases, SON deployment case studies, future roadmap, value chain, vendor analysis and strategies. The report also presents revenue forecasts for both SON and conventional mobile network optimization, along with individual projections for 10 SON submarkets, 6 regions and 15 countries from 2016 through to 2030.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
The report covers the following topics:
- Conventional mobile network planning & optimization
- SON technology and architecture
- Key benefits and market drivers of SON
- Challenges to SON adoption
- SON use cases
- SON deployment case studies
- Future roadmap of the SON ecosystem
- Company profiles and strategies of over 120 SON ecosystem players
- OpEx and CapEx saving analysis of SON
- Wireless network infrastructure spending, traffic projections and value chain
- Convergence of SON with Big Data, predictive analytics and DPI
- Strategic recommendations for SON solution providers, wireless infrastructure OEMs and mobile operators
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2016 till 2030
List of Companies Mentioned
- 3GPP (Third Generation Partnership Project)
- Accedian Networks
- Aircom International
- AirHop Communications
- Airspan Networks
- Altiostar Networks
- Alvarion Technologies
- Arcadyan Technology Corporation
Research Report with ToC & Free Analysis: http://www.researchmoz.us/the-son-selforganizing-networks-ecosystem-2016-2030-opportunities-challenges-strategies-forecasts-report.html
The report has the following key findings:
- Despite challenges relating to implementation complexities and multi-vendor interoperability, SON revenue is expected to grow to more than $5 Billion by the end of 2020, exceeding conventional mobile network optimization revenue by a significant margin.
- Mobile operators have reported up to a 50% reduction in dropped calls and over 20% higher data rates with SON implementation. Besides common network optimization use cases, operators are also capitalizing on SON platforms to address critical business objectives such as refarming 2G/3G spectrum for LTE networks.
- In a bid to differentiate their products, Wi-Fi access point OEMs are beginning to integrate SON features such as plug-and-play deployment, autonomous performance optimization, self-healing and proactive defense against unauthorized access.
- SON platforms are moving from reactive systems to more advanced implementations that incorporate predictive analytics technology to make necessary changes to a network before any degradation occurs.
- Infrastructure and software incumbents are continuing to acquire smaller established C-SON players to accelerate their entry path into the C-SON market.
ResearchMoz is the world's fastest growing collection of market research reports worldwide. Our database is composed of current market studies from over 100 featured publishers worldwide. Our market research databases integrate statistics with analysis from global, regional, country and company perspectives. ResearchMoz's service portfolio also includes value-added services such as market research customization, competitive landscaping, and in-depth surveys, delivered by a team of experienced Research Coordinators.
Researchmoz Global Pvt. Ltd.
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
Tel: 866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
SOURCE Research Moz Global