FRISCO, Texas, May 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Excitement for The Star in Frisco continued to build today with the unveiling of plans for a 200,000 square foot retail block. Storefronts will line The Star Boulevard, Winning Drive and Cowboys Way at The Star, and will provide guests with a Dallas Cowboys brand experience, as well as welcome several new restaurants and businesses to the area.
The signature feature in the development is the new Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor Walk and Dallas Cowboys Community Ring of Honor, presented by Dr Pepper. Inspired by the Ring of Honor at AT&T Stadium, the area will honor the 21 members of the Dallas Cowboys Football Club who have made outstanding contributions throughout the team's history. North Texas community leaders will be recognized in addition to these storied players and coaches via a rotating showcase that will introduce new honorees each year, starting in 2017.
"The retail area will allow visitors to enjoy The Star whether there's an event happening or simply a Friday night out with friends and family," said Jerry Jones, Jr., Executive Vice President and Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, Dallas Cowboys. "Like numerous features at The Star, our retail offerings, Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor Walk and Dallas Cowboys Community Ring of Honor, presented by Dr Pepper are part of our vision to give fans intimate and unprecedented access to their team."
At the event this afternoon, Super Bowl Champions turned honorees, Roger Staubach and Drew Pearson cast their spikes in concrete to create their lasting impression at the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor Walk, presented by Dr Pepper.
The numbers honoring Staubach and Pearson will be placed 50 yards apart, paying homage to the iconic 50-yard, game-winning "Hail Mary" pass from Staubach to Pearson that toppled the Minnesota Vikings in the 1975 playoffs and introduced the phrase "Hail Mary" into the sports lexicon. All other Ring of Honor members will be celebrated on the Walk for their own significance to the team and Cowboys' history.
"We are proud to partner with the The Star as it is a natural extension of the long-standing partnership Dr Pepper has with America's team and further aligns two iconic Texas brands," said Rodger Collins, President Packaged Beverages, Dr Pepper. "In addition to Dr Pepper presenting the Dallas Cowboys Community Ring of Honor that will recognize those individuals in our community who have made a significant impact, we are also proud to present the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor Walk that will be comprised of 21 former coaches and players and provide fans with an opportunity to engage with each of these incredible one-of-a-kind monuments."
The Jones family with several of their new neighbors announced the following restaurants will be opening locations at The Star: City Works, Dee Lincoln Prime, Liberty Burger, Mi Cocina, Neighborhood Services, Nestlé Toll House Café by Chip, Next Step Dance and Tupelo Honey Café.
"With the combination of these great restaurant brands and the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor Walk and Dallas Cowboys Community Ring of Honor, presented by Dr Pepper, we are confident The Star will be one of the greatest destinations for fans, the community and visitors from around the world," said Charlotte Jones Anderson, Executive Vice President and Chief Brand Officer, Dallas Cowboys. "We couldn't be more excited about having this group with us, as we feel they are a great fit for what we are trying to provide from an entertainment standpoint at The Star."
The retail space unveiled today will be located south of The Ford Center and Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters. Neighborhood Services will be located inside the Omni Hotel at The Star.
Retail space at The Star was designed by O'Brien Architects and limited space is still available via Lincoln Property Company (214-740-3300). The Cowboys will continue to announce additional retailers within The Star in the coming months. The retail space at The Star is scheduled to be completed early 2017.
New Retailers Announced Today at The Star Include:
- City Works: City Works offers scratch-made American cuisine and over 90 unique craft beers on draft, with 25 percent of the beer lineup dedicated to local breweries. The brand's first location opened in Minneapolis in March of 2016. This will be their fourth location, and first in Texas. "We are thrilled to join the vibrant and dynamic nature of The Star, as the Jones' desire to build a best-in-class center mirrors our desire to create a showcase restaurant, featuring our top-notch audio/visual, premium beverage program, and scratch cooking," said Chris Bisallon, Co-Owner, City Works.
- Dee Lincoln Prime: Dee Lincoln Prime, set to open in spring 2017, will serve exceptional prime steaks, sushi and fresh seafood in a comfortable, elegant atmosphere. Dee is no stranger to the Cowboys experience, having opened Dee Lincoln's Tasting Room & Bubble Bar at AT&T Stadium in 2009. "There's truly nothing like The Star in the country; I'm honored to be in a partnership with the Jones family and excited to greet Frisco with unparalleled service and warm hospitality through Dee Lincoln Prime – Texas style," said Dee Lincoln, Proprietor, Dee Lincoln Prime.
- Liberty Burger: Liberty Burger is a Texas-based, fast casual restaurant known for its gourmet burgers, fries, sides, shakes and pies. This will be its first location in Frisco, and sixth in Dallas/Ft. Worth. "Much like the Dallas Cowboys, Liberty Burger prides itself as being family-owned and Texas-grown," said Luis Ibarguengoytia, Owner, Liberty Burger Frisco. "We share a community-centric vision with The Star, so this was a natural fit for our newest restaurant."
- Mi Cocina: Currently celebrating 25 years of delivering the finest Mexican cuisine and margaritas to Dallas/Ft. Worth, the new Mi Cocina at The Star in Frisco will be their 22nd location in Texas. "This restaurant will be unlike anything we have built in the past, and we look forward to introducing new and unique menu items to our guests in a much more relaxed and social atmosphere," said Rob Viveros, Chief Executive Officer and Owner, Mi Cocina.
- Neighborhood Services: Neighborhood Services' partnership with Omni is its first joint venture and three-meal-style shop. It is their fourth and largest location in Texas, and will be the first Neighborhood Services to serve breakfast. "We are really excited to be included with such a great group of people and to be part of such an amazing project," said Nick Badovinus, Chef and Owner, Neighborhood Services. "Our partnership with Omni has been a fantastic experience and we are very much looking forward to being a part of the Frisco marketplace."
- Next Step Dance: Next Step Dance is the ultimate training facility for dancers of all ages and abilities located in Frisco, Texas. "Next Step Dance's decision to move to The Star was made with two major objectives in mind," said Michelle Stafford, Rita Allen, and Russell Spearman, Co-Owners, Next Step Dance. "First, to allow our students and parents to be associated with a world-famous organization, the Dallas Cowboys, and secondly, to introduce them to an unparalleled atmosphere to learn and practice dance of all disciplines."
- Tupelo Honey Café: Since opening its first location in downtown Asheville, N.C., 15 years ago, Tupelo Honey Café has become known for a scratch-made, eclectic menu of traditional and modern Southern favorites. This location will be the restaurant's 15th location and its first in Texas. "We are tremendously excited to introduce Tupelo Honey Café to Texas in such a prolific development and be associated with one of the greatest franchises in the world, the Dallas Cowboys," said Stephen Frabitore, Chief Executive Officer, Tupelo Honey Café.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-star-unveils-plans-for-retail-experience-300263289.html
SOURCE Dallas Cowboys