LONDON, Dec. 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The State of the Global Omega-3 Ingredients Market in 2015 : A Market at a Crossroad
Since the start of 2015, average crude and natural fish oil prices have witnessed a sharp decline due to softer than expected demand and healthier than expected fish harvests in Peru. This is having a significant impact on current market growth projections. This study covers the state of the global omega-3 ingredients market in terms of market size, growth, competitive environment, and the key challenges facing omega-3 ingredient suppliers in 2014. Marine and microalgae-based omega-3 ingredients are examined in depth, and the market growth for each segment is forecasted. The base year is 2014 with forecasts up to 2025.
In 2014, total revenue the global omega-3 ingredients market was $ million and is expected to reach $ million in 2025, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of %.
- The demand for omega-3 dietary supplements in the United States and Western Europe will be stymied where expected growth in the market—approximately % year-over-year (YoY) growth—will be significantly lower than expected ( % to % YoY growth).
- This growth continues to be supported by a strong drive by the industry to continue to invest in clinical research and development. This helps to not only demonstrate known health benefits, such as its impact on blood lipid levels, but also the discovery of previously unknown health benefits like cognitive and eye health.
- The key growth regions that companies ought to focus on is the Asia Pacific region due to it having the greatest demand growth.
- Fish oil price growth is expected to be offset by price depression in the microalgae segment at the omega-3 market level.
- The average offer price for % Natural Fish/18:12 Oils, which tracks close to crude fish oil prices, has been approximately $ per kilogram since 2012. There have been price offers as low as $ per kilogram in early 2012 to more than $ per kilogram at the end of 2014.
- Since the start of 2015, average crude and natural fish oil prices have witnessed a sharp decline due to softer than expected demand and healthier than expected fish harvests in Peru.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3216300/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers