SANTA CLARA, Calif., Sept. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Meet the leading minds behind the newest health technologies, join 200 speakers and demoers, 60 exhibitors, and over 1,700 attendees remaking health care at the 7th Annual Health 2.0 2013 Fall Conference, September 29-October 2 at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Bruce Broussard, CEO of Humana, will share how technology plays into new programs driving this major insurer's strategy. Gavin Newsom, Lt. Governor of California, will address the critical role of open data in health care entrepreneurship and the Affordable Care Act via Covered California.
But beyond the keynotes here are the Top Twelve reasons why you need to attend the 7th Annual Fall Conference:
- Twelve Teams creating new on-body laboratory grade sensors competing for $2.25 million in prizes in the Nokia Sensing XCHALLENGE
- Eleven Pre-conference sessions including International Health 2.0, a design workshop from Mad*Pow on behavior change, Patients 2.0, Doctors 2.0, Employers 2.0 and more!
- Ten New companies introducing their brand new products to the market in Launch!
- Nine Developer challenge competitions with winners & new challenge announcements on stage!
- Eight Start-ups competing in the DC to VC start-up showcase from Morgenthaler Ventures with 8 VCs as team captains
- Seven Amazing sponsored Deep Dive sessions from leaders Janssen, United Healthcare, Cigna, Airstrip, Health Dialog, NaviNet & The Iron Yard (featuring 10 startups from the South)!
- Six Demos showing the latest tools for and about health consumers on our panel called Big Data: Tools & Applications for Individuals
- Five Amazing networking parties for attendees, sponsors, and exhibitors!
- Four Cutting-edge revolutionary demos on the Frontier of Health 2.0 panel including Syapse, BrainControl and from the labs of Adam Gazzaley at UCSF and Louis-Philippe Morency at USC.
- Three Female Health 2.0 Rising Stars: Akhila Satish, CyberDoctor; Hind Hobeika, InstaBeat; Julia Winn, BetterFit Technologies.
- Two Engaging keynotes by movers and shakers --Bruce Broussard, CEO of Humana, and Gavin Newsom, Lt. Governor of California.
- One Revolutionary health technology conference you don't want to miss.
More information about the conference including information for press, start-ups, and more at http://www.health2con.com/events/conferences/seventh-annual-fall-conference/
About Health 2.0
Health 2.0 promotes, showcases, and catalyzes new technologies in health care through a worldwide series of conferences, code-a-thons, prize challenges, and more. We also have the leading market intelligence on new health technology companies. For more information on Health 2.0, please visit our web site http://www.health2con.com
SOURCE Health 2.0