NEW YORK, Sept. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- SiO (See-Oh) is the first and only 24-hour skincare system clinically proven to dramatically diminish the signs of aging on the chest—wrinkles from side sleeping, deep creases and crepey skin, revealing visible and noticeable results in just ONE night (8 hours).
Identified by Vogue (August 2016) as the "New Wrinkle,"[i] chest wrinkling is the new anti-aging focus because of fashion trends (chokers, off the shoulder tops, plunging necklines etc.). Scientific research also supports the effect of sleeping position on the formation of wrinkles. The Aesthetic Surgery Journal, a publication of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery [ii] confirms: compression, tension and sheer force applied to the face during sleep causes distortion and sleep wrinkles. "Sleep wrinkles form on the décolleté for the same reasons, specifically repeated SIDE-SLEEPING," says Dr. Dendy Engelman, Director of Dermatologic Surgery at Metropolitan Hospital.
SiO is the brainchild of beauty industry veteran, Gigi Howard, who first noticed her own chest wrinkles in her late twenties prompting her to seek a solution.
"My face looked my age, but my chest and cleavage appeared twenty years older," says Gigi. "I was a notorious side sleeper—one of the main causes of chest wrinkles—so I tried sleeping on my back, looked for products, pillows, gadgets, anything that would help, but there was no proven solution."
The SiO Solution
Developed exclusively to treat and restore the thin delicate skin on the décolleté prone to early signs of aging, the SiO System features three products that combine the proven benefits of medical grade silicone and the latest wrinkle-fighting active ingredients, with a reparative and preventative complex, and skin-prep treatment.
This "New Wrinkle" has spawned much conversation, from Amy Schumer's The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo, Page 23 [iii]: "You will get that wrinkly Long Island cleavage that I have always been afraid of getting and that I know I now have," to Chloe Sevigny in a recent article in W Magazine titled "This is 40" [iv] lamenting sleep wrinkles—"I also always slept on my side and now I am trying to train myself to sleep on my back for these lines [she gestures at her face] and these lines [she gestures to her neck and décolleté]... I mean you're in bed for what, seven or eight hours a night." (86 percent of women are side sleepers. [v])
Other factors that contribute to early signs of aging on the décolleté include sun damage, natural aging, genetics, and ongoing gravitational pull from daily activities. Together, these factors cause the loss of elasticity, poor hydration, and diminished collagen production, causing chest wrinkles to form.
"My patients ask what they can do to treat existing wrinkles on their chest and cleavage and prevent new ones. In the past it was only in-office procedures, which could require multiple visits and be quite expensive," says Dr. Engelman. "SiO offers the first, clinically-tested, affordable at-home solution for the décolleté that creates a unique micro-climate reducing wrinkles in just 8 hours."
The SiO 24-Hour System
A breakthrough skincare innovation, SiO is the only clinically proven anti-aging skincare system specifically designed to cleanse, smooth wrinkles, hydrate and brighten the décolleté revealing transformative results overnight and over time. The SiO System features three products that work together for proven results: the SiO SkinPad, formulated with medical grade silicone, hydrates, smooths, and reduces wrinkles on the décolleté overnight. The SiO Décolleté Serum containing a new breakthrough ingredient, extends the immediate effects of the SkinPad for significant visible results in the long term, reducing inflammation, sun damage, and hyperpigmentation and restoring skin to healthy levels of collagen production. The SiO Décolleté Cleansing Discs prep the skin prior to using the SiO SkinPad to enhance the wrinkle-smoothing effects.
- SiO SkinPad, the HERO of the SiO System, smooths, hydrates skin, and reduces wrinkles in just 8 hours. Formulated with pure medical grade silicone, a safe and effective technology used in the medical field for over 30 years, is proven highly effective for repairing and restoring damaged, aging skin. The name, SiO, is derived from the two elements that compose Silicone used in the SkinPad—Silicon (Si) Oxygen (O). The SkinPad works overnight, forming a unique micro-climate for ultimate hydration, smoothing existing wrinkles and ensuring skin remains flat and plumped to prevent future wrinkles from forming, revealing radiant skin every morning—each SkinPad can also be used up to 15x or more!
- SiO Décolleté Serum provides continuous daytime décolleté hydration and protection, applied in the morning after removing the SkinPad. The serum features a NEW groundbreaking ingredient—Stevioside, naturally derived from the leaf of the stevia plant, which has been researched and proven to penetrate skin to relax muscles and diminish wrinkles. This new serum is a power hydrator with Red Algae, Trehalose and Hyaluronic Acid to lock in moisture, strengthen the skin barrier, reduce inflammation, and plump as well as brighten skin, with an antioxidant complex. Through extensive 45-day clinical studies, this wonder product is proven to successfully reduce photo-damage caused by the sun (such as age spots and sun spots), blemishes, build collagen and restore healthy skin function.
- SiO Décolleté Cleansing Discs are designed to effectively cleanse and exfoliate the delicate décolleté area prior to applying the SkinPad, formulated with glycolic and lactic acids to enhance the wrinkle-smoothing effects.
- SiO SkinPad, $99.95 for 2 reusable pads (30 day supply) or $69.95 with monthly subscription
- SiO Décolleté Serum, $135 for 1 fl oz or $125 with monthly subscription
- SiO Décolleté Cleansing Discs, $45 for 30 discs or $39 with monthly subscription
- HSN Exclusive Wrinkle Smoothing Duo, $129—includes: Décolleté Serum, SiO SkinPad
SiO is supported by a medical advisory board, which provides counsel on SiO's product development and help test and review products to ensure that they are up to the highest performance standards.
Availability: SiOBeauty.com and HSN
[i] Vogue, July 2016: http://www.vogue.com/13462089/how-to-treat-an-aging-chest-decolletage-best-products-tightening-cindy-crawford/
[ii] Aesthetic Surgery Journal, June 2016: http://asj.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2016/06/20/asj.sjw074
[iii] Schumer, Amy. The Girl with The Lower Back Tattoo. Page 23. Print.
[iv] W Magazine, June 2016: http://www.wmagazine.com/beauty/2016/06/chloe-sevigny-joey-silvestra-beauty-aging/photos/
[v] Clinical Research Laboratories, LLC. Report issued June 2, 2016 Study number CRL84515.
You can also find SiO Beauty on:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-ultimate-solution-for-the-new-wrinkle-has-arrived-300324788.html