The Weather Outside Can Be Frightful Without A Working Snow Blower Gold Eagle Co. Shares Tips to Make Sure Your Snow Blower is Ready to Perform
CHICAGO, Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- While many have been enjoying an unexpected warm start to winter across the U.S., it's important to be prepared for snowfall. It's likely that most snow blower owners have not used their machines in more than 12 months, which may lead to problems when trying to get their engines started at snowfall. To avoid costly and time-consuming repairs, Gold Eagle® Co. ("Gold Eagle"), an industry pioneer of aftermarket fluids and additives and maker of STA-BIL®, HEET® and Start Your Engines!®, is helping consumers ensure their snow blowers start up without any problems this winter.
Avoid getting snowed in with five tips that help you identify a damaged carburetor, fix gas that has gone bad, and keep you plowing like a pro, including:
- Open up the gas tank – and take notice of the odor. When gasoline goes bad, the old gas gets a stale or rancid smell, similar to that of paint thinner.
- Listen To It – Once you start your snow blower, does it run well when you open the choke after it warms up? If you find that the engine is struggling, chances are there is a fuel related issue that may have caused damage to the carburetor.
- See It – Look at the gas to observe the color. When gasoline goes bad, the color also tends to darken. If you can't see into the tank, pour some gas into a clear glass container and compare it to fresh fuel. If your older gas sample is distinctly darker, your fuel has gone bad. If the engine is "drooling" or leaking unburned fuel through the muffler, your carburetor may also be experiencing problems.
- Fill It – Bad gas and carburetor issues can be an easy fix with Start Your Engines!® Fuel Revitalizer. Pour a bottle into your gas tank, pull or purge the fuel into the carburetor and it will begin to unclog your fuel system and create a powerful ignition to start your engine fast.
- Start It – After a few minutes, start your snow blower and it should run smoothly. Start your machine again the following day to continue to flush the carburetor for optimal winter performance.
"We've all be reveling in the warmer start to winter, but it's important to be prepared for the snow that is yet to come," said Marc Blackman, CEO for Gold Eagle Co. "To avoid getting caught out in the cold with a broken snow blower, make sure to inspect and prepare your engine before the temperatures begin to drop."
Winter weather coupled with poor preparation and not storing small engine equipment correctly can cause damage to any engine. Simple precautions like replenishing a vehicle's vital fluids and topping them off with additives from HEET and STA-BIL or having START YOUR ENGINES! Fuel Revitalizer on hand for engine startup troubles can help protect, preserve and keep your machinery ready for action. To learn more about START YOUR ENGINES! and how to properly use the product, please watch our YouTube video, visit www.startyourenginesus.com or "like" the STAR YOUR ENGINES! page on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SYErepair
About Gold Eagle Co.
For 80 years, Gold Eagle® Co. has been an industry pioneer in the production and distribution of aftermarket fluids and additives. We create products that help preserve, protect and enhance the performance of engines everywhere. We are a leader in the product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution of branded engine performance and maintenance chemicals. Privately held and headquartered in Chicago, Gold Eagle Co. is the manufacturer of leading brands, including STA-BIL® Fuel Stabilizer, HEET® Gas-Line Antifreeze, NO LEAK® Treatments, 104+® Octane Boost, Start Your Engines!®, DieselPower!® Diesel Additives, 303® Aerospace Protectant and 303® Fabric Guard. To view our complete line of Gold Eagle products or learn more about the Company, please visit http://www.goldeagle.com or "like" our Gold Eagle Co., STA-BIL, Start Your Engines! or Engine Answerman pages on Facebook. For product questions, please call us at 800-621-1251 or follow us on Twitter @GoldEagleHelp.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names, including STA-BIL®, HEET®, Start Your Engines!®, NO LEAK®, ALUMASEAL®, Gold Eagle®, DieselPower!®, Golden Touch®, 104+®, Cool Rides Online®, 303® Aerospace Protectant and 303® Fabric Guard used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Gold Eagle Co. The aforesaid families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Gold Eagle Co. Any other product or company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Gold Eagle Co.
SOURCE Gold Eagle Co.