Diplomatic Courier, STEMconnector, and Global Action Platform to host global forum
WASHINGTON, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Why are global businesses struggling to fill key jobs when 200 million people are unemployed?
On January 14, 2014, the Diplomatic Courier, in collaboration with the STEMconnector and the CumberlandCenter's Global Action Platform, will convene "The World In 2050: Talent Mobility and the Future of Jobs," a global forum on January 14, 2014 from 8:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. at the National Press Club. Follow the buzz on Twitter @diplocourier, #2050jobs.
"Businesses and governments across the world are beginning to come to terms with the new reality of the post-financial crisis era. In response to the crisis, today there is an emphasis on constraints, not growth. At the same time, there is a critical need to unleash growth, to leverage emerging trends in technology, market needs, and society to expand enterprise and economic opportunity. Success in breaking through to a new wave of growth and prosperity will depend increasingly on human and social capital," comments Ana C. Rold, Editor-in-Chief, Diplomatic Courier.
Over six intense hours, industry leaders, technologists, journalists, and the public will tackle key issues at the heart of this world's talent competition.
Morning Keynote by David Chavern, COO, U.S. Chamber of Commerce (8:45 AM)
Panel 1: Changing Demographic Profiles (9:35 AM – 10:45 AM)
- Stéphan Vincent-Lancrin, OECD
- Surya Kant, President, North America, UK & Europe, Tata Consultancy Services
- Michael Norris, Chief Operating Officer and Market President, Sodexo Inc.
- Moderator: Ambassador Stuart Holliday, CEO, Meridian International Center
Panel II: Development and Productivity Increase (11:00 AM – 12:30 PM)
- Karenann Terrell, Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Wal-Mart
- Larry Quinlan, Global Chief Information Officer, Deloitte
- Steve Currall, Dean, School of Business, UC Davis
- John Ruff, Immediate Past President, Institute of Food Technologists
- Moderator: Wayne Scholes, CEO, Red Touch Media
Luncheon Keynote by HE Manuel Sager, Ambassador of Switzerland to the USA (12:45 PM)
Panel III: Skill Gaps and Demand-Supply Mismatches (2:30 PM – 3:30 PM)
- Dr. Heidi Kleinbach-Sauter, Senior Vice President, PepsiCo
- Elisa Villanueva Beard, Co-CEO, Teach For America
- Guillermo Fernandez de la Garza, FUMEC
- Lucian Tarnowski, CEO, BraveNewTalent
- Moderator: Gary Beach, Publisher, CIO Magazine
To RSVP, to request additional information, or to schedule an interview, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Diplomatic Courier