NEW YORK, Dec. 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Best known for his bushy white beard, even Santa couldn't resist experimenting with the Braun cruZer6 range to spruce up his look. After all Christmas only comes once a year and, like every man, Santa wants to look his best under the mistletoe.
A new study of 2,000 Americans commissioned by male grooming range Braun cruZer6 reveals that the seasonal festivities come with the added pressure of not only buying the right gifts but also looking better than ever.
Whether it's for parents, the in-laws or old friends, the survey reports that Christmas Eve is date when U.S. men are most inclined to style their facial hair (75 percent)2 – and more than half of men (52 percent)2 surveyed said they will sport a new look for Christmas and New Year's parties.
The Christmas holiday doesn't mark the end of men's ramped up grooming routines, in fact it's an excuse for experimentation for a third of men2, who said that being off work during the festive break is the perfect excuse for them to test out a new beard style (and just 12 percent2 will use the time off as an excuse to give up their facial hair grooming all together).
This might well be down to a desire to get lucky under the mistletoe as 35 percent of American women2 surveyed said their partner would get a talking to if he looked scruffy and unkempt at Christmas, and - despite the hipster beard trend remaining popular with men – 47 percent of women2 said they would like to kiss well-groomed stubble or a goatee beneath the mistletoe this year.
In an act of 'self-gifting', 41 percent2 of American women admitted to having themselves in mind when buying their partner a shaver for Christmas to avoid any overly bristly encounters. However, it's not just the ladies who appreciate the benefits of the Braun cruZer6 range: 90 percent2 of men would keep an electric grooming device given to them as a Christmas gift, rather than return it – making it a safe bet for gifting.
The enthusiasm for these gifts might be down to the issues that men most associate with festive facial fuzz:
- 42 percent2 of men said getting bits of food stuck in their facial hair is their top inconvenience – and this is sure to increase with the seasonal overindulgence
- 22 percent2 find that their beards freeze over in low temperatures – although 48 percent of men surveyed said that their beard kept them warm during the winter months
- 18 percent2 noted that their girlfriends have a bit too much fun saying how "Santa" they look during the holiday season
The survey revealed that 52 percent2 of American men are planning on spending more time on their grooming routine in 2016 than in 2015, so don't wait for Santa to experiment with your style - get the Braun cruZer6 range today, available at retailers nationwide and www.Target.com.
For more information or additional images please contact Caroline Foley: Caroline.Foley@hkstrategies.com; 212-885-0466
Notes to Editors:
About Braun cruZer6
A range of facial and body styling and electrical grooming appliances that includes:
- Braun cruzer6 beard&head: With its special click & lock functionality, the adjustable comb stays firmly in place allowing you to trim your hair to the exact length you desire
- Braun cruZer6 precision: Featuring a trimming head with extra-fine teeth, this versatile styling tool gives you the freedom of customized precision work
- Braun cruZer6 body: Offering a 2-in-1 benefit, this cleaver gadget can change easily from a trimmer to a shaver at the touch of a button - making messy body hair a thing of the past
- Braun cruZer6 face: This sleek 3-in-1 shaver, styler and trimmer turns any facial hair into a stylish beard, giving you a close shave, neat trim or defined edges
About Procter & Gamble
P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit www.us.pg.com for the latest news and information about P&G and its brands.
1P&G study of electric shaver users, November 2013 http://us.pg.com/
2Study of 2,444 American adults aged 16+ completed by Ginger Comms in November 2015