MUMBAI, July 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Bharat Book Bureau presents The Worldwide Guide to Pricing & Reimbursement (http://www.bharatbook.com/market-research-reports/healthcare-market-research-report/the-worldwide-guide-to-pricing-reimbursement.html)
This new guide reviews the current state of pricing and reimbursement in 58 leading and emerging economies, and examines the policies and practices that are shaping this critical area of the pharmaceutical industry's operating environment. Pricing and reimbursement play a vital role in determining the commercial success of a pharmaceutical product. Failure to agree pricing levels or achieve reimbursement status can mean lost revenues for companies and restricted therapy choice for clinicians and patients.
The policy and practice have been brought into sharp focus in the current economic downturn where health payers have used pricing controls to limit drug expenditure. In the majority of countries surveyed for this report, there is some form of price control for pharmaceuticals that are reimbursed under the public health system, whether directly or indirectly.
Reference pricing has come in for criticism, particularly in Europe, where austerity measures have reduced the cost of medicines, which in turn has affected values in related countries in the reference group. But agreeing the price is only part of the story. Gaining reimbursement status is critical - without it the drug must be paid for out-of-pocket and many advanced biological products are beyond the reach of all except the very wealthy.
Highlights of the report:
- Free Pricing and Indirect Control
- Reference Pricing
- External Reference Pricing
- Internal Reference Pricing
- Fixed Generic Price Reductions
- Wholesale and Pharmacy Markups
- Reimbursement Lists
- Positive and Negative Lists
- Essential Medicines
Answering critical questions:
- How does pricing and reimbursement vary between Mexico and Peru?
- Which countries are employing regressive wholesale and pharmacy markups and at what level?
- How did the March 2012 price adjustment mechanism affect pricing in Brazil?
- What is the 2013 standard patient prescription charge in Australia?
- What are the regional challenges in trying to get a drug positively listed in China?
- Which Middle Eastern country added 88 drugs and health technologies to its basket of reimbursable products in 2013?
- How are Poland's strict reimbursement regulations affecting pharmaceutical companies and drug wholesalers?
For each country there is, as appropriate, a comprehensive review of drug pricing, reference pricing, controls, policy, regulation and reimbursement systems including influencing factors such as procurement and formulary. Countries from the following continents are mentioned:
Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, USA, Venezuela
- Eastern Europe:
Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania,Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine
- Western Europe:
Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece , Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Australia , China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
- Middle East/Africa:
Egypt, Israel, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey
Request for sample pages: http://www.bharatbook.com/RequestSample.asp?pid=401716
For more information on the report: http://www.bharatbook.com/market-research-reports/healthcare-market-research-report/the-worldwide-guide-to-pricing-reimbursement.html
- Grocery Pricing and Promotion - US
- Global Mobile Data Services Pricing Perspective - 2013
- Changing Regulatory and Reimbursement Scenario for Medical Devices in the US Market
- Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement - Adoption of Health Technology Assessments (HTA) Optimizes Drug Pricing and Accelerates Reimbursement Decision-Making
About Bharat Book Bureau
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information aggregator that provides market research reports, industry analysis, company profiles, business reports, country reports, newsletters and online databases. Our clients include Corporate, Consulting firms, and Academic Institutions and Government departments across the globe. Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. The market research reports we provide, help global companies examine the different markets before setting up a business or expanding into different countries across the world. They give a complete perspective on the current market scenario, trends, segments and future outlook.
Bharat Book Bureau
UK: +44 7405 208461
USA/Canada - 1-866-279-8368 (Toll free)
India: +91-22-27810772, 27810773
Skype - bharatbook
SOURCE Bharat Book Bureau