Therapeutic Proteins to 2016: Drugs, Devices, Diseases, Markets and Forecasts
DUBLIN, March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Therapeutic Proteins to 2016. Drugs, Devices, Diseases, Markets and Forecasts" report to their offering.
In recent years, the number of protein-based pharmaceuticals reaching the marketplace has increased exponentially. The clinical application of these drugs is limited by a lack of desirable attributes for adequate absorption or distribution.
It therefore becomes critical to formulate these drugs into safe, stable and efficacious delivery systems. Because these drugs face formidable enzymatic and penetration barriers when administered orally, peptide and protein drugs continue to be developed almost exclusively for parenteral administration.
These combination drug-device products, where the drug and device are clinically tested and approved as a single product entity, are becoming one of the fastest new drug categories. The growth of protein drug products is having a significant effect on the way drugs and devices are developed.
Cooperation between device designers and drug developers is occurring much earlier in the drug development cycle, allowing device designs in many cases to be tailored to the bioavailability targets and pharmacokinetic profiles of specific drug therapies.
- Analyzes approved therapeutic protein products and pipeline candidates and assesses the market potential for existing and probable future protein drug
- Examines protein delivery design issues, packaging, distribution and technology factors
- Assesses the role of protein formulation decisions on therapeutic protein commercialization and market potential
- Examines historical protein drug data for nine major therapeutic segments and provides forecasts by disease segment to 2016
- Profiles therapeutic protein companies, their commercial products, product development activity, and business strategies
Key Topics Covered:
Protein Therapeutics Market Dynamics
Therapeutic Protein Commercialization - Success Factors
Protein Drugs - Drug Classes and Therapeutic Targets
Protein Drug Therapeutics - Disease Segment Analysis & Forecasts
Market and Regulatory Factors
Protein Drug Therapeutics - Company Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n4sgxh/therapeutic
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
U.S. Fax: +1-646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +1-353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets